Jump to content

Photo

Show us your wedding dress!


  • Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#7681 Jenn963

Jenn963
  • Jr. Member
  • 200 posts

    Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

    1st marriage:  i ordered my dress in Late March...and it just arrived early August, my wedding is in November.....because i had to order a smaller dress than what they had on the rack.  thankfully no alterations have to be done...besides the applique i want :) which isn't a big deal.

    Good luck! :)



    #7682 Chantel

    Chantel
    • Newbie
    • 48 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis
    • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

    Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

    Originally Posted by 1stmarriage 

    How soon in advance did you ladies order your dresses?


    Hello!

     

    All of the dress shops in my city were telling me that the dresses take 6-10 months to come in. I ended up getting a late start, but thankfully my dress came in with plenty of time. My wedding is in November. I ordered my dress in March and was told it would be in in October, but it came in in July!

     

    Have fun shopping!

     

    Chantel



    #7683 Chantel

    Chantel
    • Newbie
    • 48 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis
    • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

    Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

    Absolutely stunning! Love the TTD! I am happy to hear that your dress washed out in the shower - sounds like things couldn't have worked out better :)

     

     

     

    Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

    I can FINALLY post my professional pictures! Our photographer took 4,000 between the wedding and the TTD so I couldn't decide but I tried to pick the ones that mostly showed my dress. BTW in case anyone is wondering- totally do the TTD. Our shoot was about 3 hours long, we enjoyed the alone time, I felt suuuuuuper sexy, we got amazing shots, and yes- the sand comes out because I wore my dress again at my AHR and I did not take it to the cleaners, I cleaned it in the hotel shower! GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

     

    Here's my dress that I wish I could wear again. It looks different standing and sitting.

     

     

     

     



    #7684 Chantel

    Chantel
    • Newbie
    • 48 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis
    • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

    Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

    Hi Jenn,

     

    BEAUTIFUL DRESS! This dress has such a beautiful shape and simplicity to it and for that reason, I would say go without the bling. However, the bling is very nicely done, nicely placed so that it balances the dress and fits in the dress' design very naturally so going with the bling is a good option too!

     

    Love the flare at the bottom of the dress - my dress does that too though so I might be biased! ;)

     

    Good pick :)

     

     

    Originally Posted by Jenn963 

    I need your opinions fellow brides!! I am a bling lover but when i first saw this dress on the internet, i fell in love...i love the simplicity and elegance of it...I looked and looked for it and finally found it and loved it even more when I tried it on. After waiting 5 months, the dress finally came in and I had my fitting last weekend and although i love it without any bling...i asked to pin on some appliques to see what it would look like. I still love it without the bling applique...but the rhinestone applique just adds more .... "umph" to it i think....i told the lady that i would think about it...and bring it back if i wanted to add it....i keep looking at the pictures and i'm not sure which one i love more! I wish i could ask my fiance for his opinion lol but it's just not an option.  So ladies,  help me out here! 

     

    THIS IS THE DRESS AS SHOWN ON MODEL 

     

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

     

    THIS IS THE DRESS ON ME:(SANS APPLIQUE)

     

    THIS THE DRESS ON ME WITH THE APPLIQUE:

     

     

    AND LAST PIC WITH A CLOSER LOOK AT DETAIL OF APPLIQUE:

     

     

     

     

    SO WITH? OR WITHOUT?? 

    THANKS IN ADVANCE :) 



    #7685 nanasb1214

    nanasb1214
    • Newbie
    • 37 posts

      Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

      You look amazing in this dress! You make a beautiful elegant bride. I am so happy that the sand comes out of the dress :) I was a little worried about it.

      Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

      I can FINALLY post my professional pictures! Our photographer took 4,000 between the wedding and the TTD so I couldn't decide but I tried to pick the ones that mostly showed my dress. BTW in case anyone is wondering- totally do the TTD. Our shoot was about 3 hours long, we enjoyed the alone time, I felt suuuuuuper sexy, we got amazing shots, and yes- the sand comes out because I wore my dress again at my AHR and I did not take it to the cleaners, I cleaned it in the hotel shower! GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

       

      Here's my dress that I wish I could wear again. It looks different standing and sitting.

       

       

       

       



      #7686 tyrebride2b2013

      tyrebride2b2013
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,088 posts

        Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

        I can FINALLY post my professional pictures! Our photographer took 4,000 between the wedding and the TTD so I couldn't decide but I tried to pick the ones that mostly showed my dress. BTW in case anyone is wondering- totally do the TTD. Our shoot was about 3 hours long, we enjoyed the alone time, I felt suuuuuuper sexy, we got amazing shots, and yes- the sand comes out because I wore my dress again at my AHR and I did not take it to the cleaners, I cleaned it in the hotel shower! GO FOR IT!!!!!!! Here's my dress that I wish I could wear again. It looks different standing and sitting.

        Amazing so beautiful! !

        OMG I got the same gown!! =)I got a custom made sash from Etsy to go with it....Cheryl =)

        The woman at the bridal salon said its a popular dress

        #7687 agale86

        agale86
        • Newbie
        • 28 posts

          Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

          I Got married in June in Playa del Carmen. This dress was absolutely perfect.

          It is a James Clifford Dress. Very affordable for the quality.



          #7688 KaraMae

          KaraMae
          • Newbie
          • 60 posts

            Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

            You look awesome! It is so flattering on you! I personally like it better without the applique. However, I think a bling-y belt/sash would add some sparkle!

            I was thinking the same thing! It has so much more movement without the bling on the bottom. I think a belt would look wonderful!

            #7689 cmingalone

            cmingalone
            • Site Supporter
            • 100 posts

              Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Chantel 

              Hi Jenn,

               

              BEAUTIFUL DRESS! This dress has such a beautiful shape and simplicity to it and for that reason, I would say go without the bling. However, the bling is very nicely done, nicely placed so that it balances the dress and fits in the dress' design very naturally so going with the bling is a good option too!

               

              Love the flare at the bottom of the dress - my dress does that too though so I might be biased! ;)

               

              Good pick :)

               

               

               

              With out definitly without...so beautiful and elegant. GO for bling with stunning chandeleir earings and statement braclet no necklace!

              #7690 myyooths

              myyooths
              • Jr. Member
              • 188 posts

                Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

                Originally Posted by agale86 

                I Got married in June in Playa del Carmen. This dress was absolutely perfect.

                It is a James Clifford Dress. Very affordable for the quality.


                Gorgeous dress! Congrats!






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users