• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#7331 Peach

Peach
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by lorcas 

Hi all! 

I was wondering how do you all feel about short dresses?

I feel like most people are against them (I say this because a couple of people I have mentioned that I was thinking of a short dress to, have reacted in shock and have made me feel like i was in the complete wrong for even considering it!)

I am a very petite bride - I am only 4'10"

I feel as if a regular full length gown would swallow me! I have worn longer gowns before. I had a quinceanera princess ball gown when I was 15, so I know I do not want to do that again. 

I am also a bit on the different, unconventional, totally non traditional side of things.

What do you all think? (I will be trying on my first wedding dresses this coming Memorial Day weekend!)

I am short too - though not as short as you. I originally was toying with the idea of a shorter dress - that was FI's request, and I thought it would be great on a beach. I had a lot of eyebrows raised at me about getting a short one though. And I ended up getting a longer one. It was hard to try short ones on when shopping, since they would have had to be shortened to get the full effect, so it was hard to tell what did and did not work.

For me, personally, tea-length did not work, but I am a little curvy and they made me seem round. Ones about knee-length were much better; very comfortable and fun.

I say, though, go for it. Go for what you want, what would make you comfortable and feel beautiful. At the end of the day, THAT will look better than pictures of you unhappy in a more traditional dress, just because it is what everyone thought you "should" wear. There are some awesome short dresses out there! I love the look and the idea of a short one. Perfect for a beach. Try on lots, and see what works for you. And be sure to post lots and lots of pictures!

#7332 Katie McLean

Katie McLean
    • 41 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

I thought I would post some dress pictures now that my wedding has passed :)

It's an Ella dress.

#7333 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Gorgeous!!!

Originally Posted by Katie McLean 

It's an Ella dress.

#7334 AllieH

AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Katie - gorgeous!!! wishing you & your husband all the best. 

It's an Ella dress.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#7335 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
        • 503 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Just beautiful! Your dress is simply just stunning and you look breathtaking!! Congrats on your marriage and hope your wedding was everything you hoped it would be!

It's an Ella dress.

#7336 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
          • 180 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Peach 

Gorgeous!!!

Just beautiful.......LOVE the dress!

#7337 Snoopy129

Snoopy129
            • 158 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

It's an Ella dress.

sooo amazing and beautiful! congratulations!

#7338 elissae

elissae
              • 631 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
              • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

HI Beauties!  I hope all is going well with your planning.  I have been a newlywed for almost 2 months now!  I cannot believe how quick time is going by.  It has been such a whirlwind since we've come back from Mexico.  We are so happy and wish we could do it all over again!  I feel so behind on this site.  I am just starting to catch back up with everything here.

I wanted to share some photos of my Paloma Planca Style #4115 with you.  I added the sequined belt to bring a little bit of bling to it.  I am sorry I could not decide what pictures to post so I kinda went a little nuts and posted a bunch.  Please bare with me...I am a giddy bride!  LOL  xoxo

Loved my bustle...

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#7339 brendalb

brendalb
              • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

My gownhttp://my gown

#7340 AllieH

AllieH
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 2,014 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

Elissae, you are soooooo gorgeous and what a beautiful dress!!!!!!! are you looking for excuses to wear it again? I know I want to put mine on and relive that day.  

Quote:

Originally Posted by elissae 

HI Beauties!  I hope all is going well with your planning.  I have been a newlywed for almost 2 months now!  I cannot believe how quick time is going by.  It has been such a whirlwind since we've come back from Mexico.  We are so happy and wish we could do it all over again!  I feel so behind on this site.  I am just starting to catch back up with everything here.

I wanted to share some photos of my Paloma Planca Style #4115 with you.  I added the sequined belt to bring a little bit of bling to it.  I am sorry I could not decide what pictures to post so I kinda went a little nuts and posted a bunch.  Please bare with me...I am a giddy bride!  LOL  xoxo

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users