Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#6871 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by heather1214 

I love that sash!!!!  So pretty!  I feel the same about the veil.  I think a reason I don't want to wear one is because it's windy by the water and I've seen them out of control in pictures!  I don't want it wrapping around my face as I say my vows!  But I do want one in some of the pictures.  I'm considering doing a side pony and IDK if a veil would look right with that anyway.

May brides, have you started alterations yet? 

I did start my alterations just so I could get it all done before other things make it on to my long wedding to do list!   

#6872 Kay6356

Kay6356
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
    • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hi ladies,

This is my dress, it fits me to a T and is so comfortable I do not want to do any alterations to it except the train.  It is too long and I don't 100% like the way it flows.  Do any of your have any suggestions on what I should do to the dress about this.  Im a little nervous about cutting it off, should I just do a bustle and keep it up like that for the whole wedding? If so what kind of bustle do you think would look best? Thank you soo much.

kay xo

#6873 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
    • 593 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by trivera5521 

For what seems like years I have stalked this thread and now its my turn to finally post my dress!!  I had my first fitting on Saturday, here is a pic of my Pnina Tornai gown =) The back is the real WOW factor but unfortunately I only have a picture of it already bustled =( Its enough to give you an idea. So excited and my big day is exactly 3 months from today!!

Super sexy dress. The back really is awesome and you have a great figure for it.

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#6874 MrsHK

MrsHK
      • Vendor
      • 317 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 22, 2013
      • Wedding Location:CabaƱas Tulum & The Beach Hotel | Tulum, Mexico
      • LocationFrom Vancouver, BC | Living in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Wow ladies, I love all the dresses on here! You all look fantastic!

I bought a Ramona Keveza dress second hand (and saved $1800, woo hoo!) These photos are from last summer before any alterations. I'm going to be getting the alterations done in March, including beading all the way down the back, and will also be wearing a sash on my wedding day. The veil I'm wearing in the last photo isn't mine, that's just the one the shop had for me to try on. Mine has a clip with lace and pearls rather than a flower.

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

Are you interested in an affordable decor rental in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico? Send me a message! Most of the items I have are a rustic, vintage style.

And the Next Day, We Were Married: http://www.luckygirl...mikee-e-session
      Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Uno: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-uno
      Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Dos: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-dos

Tulum Wedding Video: http://loveandrum.co...o-katy-mikee-hk
      Anniversary! One Year Later: http://www.luckygirl...lladolid-mexico

#6875 lgerry

lgerry
      • 349 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by MrsHK 

Wow ladies, I love all the dresses on here! You all look fantastic!

I bought a Ramona Keveza dress second hand (and saved $1800, woo hoo!) These photos are from last summer before any alterations. I'm going to be getting the alterations done in March, including beading all the way down the back, and will also be wearing a sash on my wedding day. The veil I'm wearing in the last photo isn't mine, that's just the one the shop had for me to try on. Mine has a clip with lace and pearls rather than a flower.

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

This dress is AMAZING!!

#6876 leannesmith

leannesmith
      • 63 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

This is mine...Maggie sottero Sonora Posted Image Posted Image

#6877 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
        • 861 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Wow ladies, I love all the dresses on here! You all look fantastic! I bought a Ramona Keveza dress second hand (and saved $1800, woo hoo!) These photos are from last summer before any alterations. I'm going to be getting the alterations done in March, including beading all the way down the back, and will also be wearing a sash on my wedding day. The veil I'm wearing in the last photo isn't mine, that's just the one the shop had for me to try on. Mine has a clip with lace and pearls rather than a flower. AppleMark AppleMark AppleMark

Wow this dress is amazing!! It also fits you perfectly! So beautiful

#6878 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
          • 861 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

This is mine...Maggie sottero Sonora Posted Image Posted Image

Beautiful dress! The back is gorgeous!!!

#6879 lgerry

lgerry
            • 349 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

I though I had posted my dress on here, but I looked back in my posts and I don;t think I did after all. I had posted it in another thread about shoes :) So here goes... Mine is Jim Hjelm 8011. I absolutely fell in LOVE with it after seeing it on an episode of Say Yes to the Dress months before FI and I even got engaged, lol! When we did get engaged in November, I emailed Vows Bridal store in Boston, MA to see if they could get it in. About 3 wks later I got an email saying they had it in my size!! 

I only have 1 pic of it on, as I haven't started alterations yet and its too hard to take pics wearing it, but here it is on the model and hanging...

#6880 LKocelko

LKocelko
            • 350 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Anyone else ever get dress regret? I got engaged 10/5/12 and because of the May date had to find my dress ASAP. It wasn't quite the relaxing, fun experience I anticipated. Now looking at all these gorgeous gowns (or if I ever have on SYTTD or any other TLC show) I start seriously second-guessing. Maybe because I haven't had it on in so long? I feel crazy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users