• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#4151 amjohnson

amjohnson
  • Site Supporter
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hi Ladies,

So below are two photos of the dress I bought today! I am having a small civil ceremony here to make our marriage "legal" before we head to Mexico.

I really didn't want to wear my dress twice...wanted to keep it as a surprise for my fiance and our other guests in Mexico. So a local store has

an annual sample sale and I went with my best friend. This dress is retailed at 1900$ and I got it for 200$! That was my budget exactly!

Once I get nice photos with it on I will post them. My dress is ivory, I think the dress below is white. 

But I love this dress...maybe even more then my more expensive dress! Thoughts?

Thanks

wedding dress1.JPG  wedding dress2.JPG

#4152 lvietti

lvietti
    • 115 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Here is a picture of my dress- just came in two weeks ago! Before planning the destination wedding I was having a wedding locally and fell in love with the Adore dress by maggie Sottero.....so when it was time to dress shop for the destination wedding, I wanted something different, but loved the Adore. So I tried on the Adore Rose, and loved everything except it wasn't strapless which I wanted. So we are removing the strap and I get the best of both worlds. the flowers, the shape of the adore, and a strapless sweetheart dress! :) Still needs alterations,strap officially removed etc...I LOVE IT!

IMAG0518.jpg

#4153 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
      • Site Supporter
      • 252 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

Beautiful. I just bought the adorae today myself. It is a stunning gown and it makes you feel like a princess.

Originally Posted by lvietti 

Here is a picture of my dress- just came in two weeks ago! Before planning the destination wedding I was having a wedding locally and fell in love with the Adore dress by maggie Sottero.....so when it was time to dress shop for the destination wedding, I wanted something different, but loved the Adore. So I tried on the Adore Rose, and loved everything except it wasn't strapless which I wanted. So we are removing the strap and I get the best of both worlds. the flowers, the shape of the adore, and a strapless sweetheart dress! :) Still needs alterations,strap officially removed etc...I LOVE IT!

IMAG0518.jpg

2011-10-159513.45.06.jpg

#4154 emstypes

emstypes
        • 243 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

I picked out my dress today at David's Bridal!!  Here it is...

9v9743.jpg

#4155 Allie2012

Allie2012
          • 194 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

Ivietti - I absolutely love your dress, you look amazing! It's great that it has the same shape and material of the Adore, but it also has its own unique features ;)

#4156 lvietti

lvietti
            • 115 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Thank you Allie- I felt kind of guilty ruining the designers idea with taking the strap off, but it works and it makes the dress perfect for me! :)

#4157 MrsDesz

MrsDesz
              • Site Supporter
              • 61 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Great choice! This dress is really stunning? Who is the designer if u don't mind me asking?

#4158 lvietti

lvietti
                • 115 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

Not sure if you were asking about my dress for desinger, but my dress is by Maggie Sottero- I think it may be Sottero and Midgley, it's the adore rose- I'm removing the shoulder strap.

#4159 Pucca

Pucca
                  • 485 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by amjohnson 

Hi Ladies,

So below are two photos of the dress I bought today! I am having a small civil ceremony here to make our marriage "legal" before we head to Mexico.

I really didn't want to wear my dress twice...wanted to keep it as a surprise for my fiance and our other guests in Mexico. So a local store has

an annual sample sale and I went with my best friend. This dress is retailed at 1900$ and I got it for 200$! That was my budget exactly!

Once I get nice photos with it on I will post them. My dress is ivory, I think the dress below is white. 

But I love this dress...maybe even more then my more expensive dress! Thoughts?

Thanks

I picked out my dress today at David's Bridal!!  Here it is...

9v9743.jpg

I tried on this dress when I was searching for wedding dresses. I really liked the flow of it but I wanted something with straps so I ended up getting something else. Beautiful choice!

#4160 ps31

ps31
                    • 54 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

Iviette--LOVE this dress!  I love the flowers on the neckline and everything else about it!  You are going to look even more amazing once everything is done!  Thanks for sharing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)