Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#2831 bride2bdebbie

bride2bdebbie
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

Hello fello BDW Brides!! Thank you all for sharing your beautiful dresses!!

I have a dilemma and could use some advice. I found a dress online and had the bridal store order it for me with 1/2 down pymt. The dress won't be in until end of June... sooo since then I have decided I do not want this dress and have decided on a totally different style.

I found a 2nd dress that I think I love and I was able to try it on, my only concern is that the front it is too plain. I'm comptelely in love with the back BUT the back is not going to be the focal point so I have to decide if it's enough. Ugh... so stressed. I have attached front a back pics of both dresses... any advise, thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

1st pic is the dress I ordered and now don't want (ball gown, modern, couture), 2nd pic is the dress I think I want (simple, classic with a dramatic back)??

8824F.jpg

8824B.jpg

Deb1.PNG

DebFav1508.jpg

Debbie & Mark were married at The Royal Playa Del Carmen ~ 20.11.2011

#2832 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
    • 614 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

hey debbie - I think both are great in their own right, and it really comes down to what you like and what you think looks best. what if you waited until the first dress was in and then tried them on back to back? have someone take pictures and see which you prefer. you may find your instincts were right on the first - then again, it may be that you really grew to love the second. but I think it's especially tough without trying both dresses in the same day.

I'd say not to panic just yet - you have a fantastic dress AND a fabulous back-up -- not to mention time to spare before the wedding. just see how you feel after trying on the one you ordered and then go from there. best of luck. : )

Originally Posted by bride2bdebbie 

I have a dilemma and could use some advice. I found a dress online and had the bridal store order it for me with 1/2 down pymt. The dress won't be in until end of June... sooo since then I have decided I do not want this dress and have decided on a totally different style.

I found a 2nd dress that I think I love and I was able to try it on, my only concern is that the front it is too plain. I'm comptelely in love with the back BUT the back is not going to be the focal point so I have to decide if it's enough. Ugh... so stressed. I have attached front a back pics of both dresses... any advise, thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

1st pic is the dress I ordered and now don't want (ball gown, modern, couture), 2nd pic is the dress I think I want (simple, classic with a dramatic back)??

8824F.jpg

8824B.jpg

Deb1.PNG

DebFav1508.jpg

#2833 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
      • 789 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

GORGEOUS dress! Looks amazing, congratulations!!

#2834 bride2bdebbie

bride2bdebbie
        • 113 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:21 AM

Thanks kellygrrl... really appreciate your feedback! I think your right I need to try both on the same day. I just wish I didn't second guess so much! I knew I would have a hard time finding the right dress... I can barely figure out what to wear everyday to work let alone for my wedding! Lol

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

hey debbie - I think both are great in their own right, and it really comes down to what you like and what you think looks best. what if you waited until the first dress was in and then tried them on back to back? have someone take pictures and see which you prefer. you may find your instincts were right on the first - then again, it may be that you really grew to love the second. but I think it's especially tough without trying both dresses in the same day.

I'd say not to panic just yet - you have a fantastic dress AND a fabulous back-up -- not to mention time to spare before the wedding. just see how you feel after trying on the one you ordered and then go from there. best of luck. : )

#2835 sascolo

sascolo
          • 184 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

8824F.jpg

8824B.jpg

Deb1.PNG

DebFav1508.jpg

I love love love the second dress!! You are what wil makes the dress. I think less is more! It is gorgeous and unique.

#2836 bride2bdebbie

bride2bdebbie
            • 113 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Awe thanks sascolo.... your too sweet:) I really do think I love the 2nd one too. It's funny cus I thought I wanted poof cus I love the look but after trying on some I changed my mind... it's crazy how they say there truly is one dress for every bride. I just have to "SAY YES TO THE DRESS" lol.

Originally Posted by sascolo 

Quote:
              Originally Posted by bride2bdebbie 

I love love love the second dress!! You are what wil makes the dress. I think less is more! It is gorgeous and unique.

#2837 mufn93

mufn93
              • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

Thank you for the sweet comments. It has arrived and I go pick it up this week!!

#2838 KelandJay81

KelandJay81
                • 158 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

I know!

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

I look at all these dresses and wish i could have more then one dress LOL i have to wait a LONG time til i can see my dress again....i hope i still love it in September when it comes in for my fitting

Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
                  January 12, 2012

51 Booked!!! Wooooo hoooo!
                  Our Wedding Website

#2839 KelandJay81

KelandJay81
                  • 158 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

Oh and here is my dress. I can't wait to see her again. I can't believe I have to wait 6 months!

IMG_1412kel.jpg

IMG_1413kel.jpg

IMG_1425kel.jpg

Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
                    January 12, 2012

51 Booked!!! Wooooo hoooo!
                    Our Wedding Website

#2840 J-me

J-me
                    • 398 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:11 AM

It's beautiful!!! I love the tiered lace detail! Mine doesn't come in until September, so I know what you mean about the wait!

Originally Posted by KelandJay81 

Oh and here is my dress. I can't wait to see her again. I can't believe I have to wait 6 months!

IMG_1412kel.jpg

IMG_1413kel.jpg

IMG_1425kel.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users