• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Cherina

Cherina
  • Banned
  • 636 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

I love my venue but I have not found any active brides on BDW

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#2 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

There aren't A ton of Dreams Tulum brides either. Doesn't have to be lonely though! Check out the thread for your month and year and bond with those ladies, your wedding is a ways out but there are some others getting an early start. Check out the DIY forum if your into that kinda stuff!

#3 Cherina

Cherina
      • Banned
      • 636 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

I haven't seen a thread for my year an month yet I am February 2014

#4 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
        • 190 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yeah it's lonely being a paradisus varadero bride too :(

#5 Cherina

Cherina
          • Banned
          • 636 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

We should ask them to make a lonely Jamaica brides post.

Yeah it's lonely being a paradisus varadero bride too :(

#6 dmob

dmob
            • 71 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

@Cherina, my daughter was married at MDV about 2 years ago. Because of the size of the resort and costs, it tend to be a small, select group of brides who decide on this venue. With that being said, she had an amazing wedding at the resort. We had all villas booked and we still have guests talking about her wedding. Good luck in your planning, I am sure your ceremony will be unforgettable!

#7 Cherina

Cherina
              • Banned
              • 636 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

@Cherina, my daughter was married at MDV about 2 years ago. Because of the size of the resort and costs, it tend to be a small, select group of brides who decide on this venue. With that being said, she had an amazing wedding at the resort. We had all villas booked and we still have guests talking about her wedding. Good luck in your planning, I am sure your ceremony will be unforgettable!

Thank you so much we are working on reserving all the villas which should be done next month we have both 5br and the 4br reserved already. I have been questioning my decision, because there really isn't an a lot of information and experience and I want my family to have a unique and authentic experience that I don't think can be had at a huge resort. Only 1 wedding a day and because we're doing a resort buyout all of our events will be the singular focus .

#8 Resplendent

Resplendent
                • Site Supporter
                • 45 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

@Cherina ~ this is the exact same reason why I decided to go with Moon Dance Cliffs (Moon Dance Villa sister resort).  I am doing my 10 reaffirmation in April 2014 (for the wedding I never had) and want everything focused on me and my celebration.  Good luck with your planning.  I spend all my spare time researching.

#9 Cherina

Cherina
                  • Banned
                  • 636 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

@Cherina ~ this is the exact same reason why I decided to go with Moon Dance Cliffs (Moon Dance Villa sister resort).  I am doing my 10 reaffirmation in April 2014 (for the wedding I never had) and want everything focused on me and my celebration.  Good luck with your planning.  I spend all my spare time researching.

u That right after me! That's what I do research and plan! I don't want stress and I want everything completes well in advance

#10 LaraJo

LaraJo
                    • 159 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hi Cherina - I got married at MDV last July and am happy to answer any questions you might have. I also have the general wedding outline which you will get from Onekia, the current MDV coordinator, when your wedding date gets closer. I can send it to you so you have an idea of what Onekia will have to work from and what type of information you'll need to give to her. I also have a load of pics - both professional and from guests if that interests you. If you are having any doubts, please don't!! It will absolutely be unique and authentically Jamaican. As dmob said, people are still talking about our MDV wedding, too!!! It really is a special place, so even if it is lonely on the forum - and I know it sure can be - I say stick it out!!!

PM me if there is anything I can help you with! Although I'm not a current bride, I do get notifications and check the BDW website every so often.

My slideshow: http://www.sungoldph...villas-jamaica/

Some other sites with pictures:

http://www.stylemepr...ry/gallery/1651

http://www.megphoto.....cfm?postID=359

http://heatherparker...g-photographer/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users