Photo

October weight loss challenge...

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 NYJen

NYJen
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

Yesterday was very hard - but I was good. I stuck to my calorie range and didn't have any diet coke (even though I really wanted it.) I've actually been good all week. But then this morning, I got on the scale and it's NOT MOVING AT ALL!!!! What's the problem

My new treadmill came yesterday and Brendan set it up last night. It looks good, but I didn't get home until very late last night so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm not going to get home until very late tonight as well. So I probably won't be able to use it until tomorrow morning. After I use it, I'll let you know then what I think of it.

#42 Jenn

Jenn
    • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

Okay ladies... if I can get off the crack, you can too. Hello, my name is Jenn, and I am a Diet Coke addict. That being said, I've been clean for 10 days.

Jen - the scale will start moving. Have faith and stick with it. Let us know how the new treadmill is going!

I'm going to make a suggestion - do you guys want to move the challenge exclusively onto BDW? I'm still using spark for the trackers, but I'm with Kash - the double posting is starting to hurt.

#43 NYJen

NYJen
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by starfish kate
        I don't smoke, I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but I drink SO MUCH Diet Coke!! I am going to start weaning myself off of it after this weekend so I will need some support... If I can quit Diet Coke, I can do anything, right?!

DEFINITELY!!!! I'm in the same boat. I don't smoke, I don't drink (VERY occasional glass of wine) but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my diet coke. Quitting diet coke is VERY hard. I decided to just do it "cold turkey" - it's the only way, or I'll NEVER give it up. I used to drink a 20oz bottle of diet coke everyday at lunch and then still have 1 or 2 more cans at night with dinner. Today is my 3rd day without diet coke. I feel like a junkie coming off a high right now.

#44 NYJen

NYJen
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:42 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hopels
          Okay ladies... if I can get off the crack, you can too. Hello, my name is Jenn, and I am a Diet Coke addict. That being said, I've been clean for 10 days.

Jen - the scale will start moving. Have faith and stick with it. Let us know how the new treadmill is going!

I'm going to make a suggestion - do you guys want to move the challenge exclusively onto BDW? I'm still using spark for the trackers, but I'm with Kash - the double posting is starting to hurt.

Wow - 10 days clean, that's AWESOME!!!

Yes, I would love to keep the challenge here. As it is, I can't get any work done because of being on 1 forum, I don't think I can handle 2 forums. Thanks!

#45 Lizzy

Lizzy
          • 501 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:57 AM

OK, can a MOB join? I want to lose about 20-25lbs by Maggie's wedding. Not very realistic I know but I am going to work towards it!
            For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#46 Jenn

Jenn
            • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lizzy
              OK, can a MOB join? I want to lose about 20-25lbs by Maggie's wedding. Not very realistic I know but I am going to work towards it!
              Of course! I'd love to lose more than 5 this month, but figured that 5 is probably more realistic.

So Kash had suggested doing small daily challenges to keep ourselves motivated. Things like drink 8 glasses of water today, or do 50 crunches. What do you ladies think?

BTW - I just got back from the gym, did 40 min on the elliptical/stepper from hell and strength training. My FI is really kicking my butt with the weights, but its good. Now, if I can just eat healthy for the weekend and go back to the gym...

#47 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:46 AM

not doing good so far, have a little over a month to go.... might just suck it up and be a fat bride!

#48 robindepaula

robindepaula
                • Banned
                • 514 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:19 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by beachbride
                  not doing good so far, have a little over a month to go.... might just suck it up and be a fat bride!
                  You silly girl . . .

#49 Jenn

Jenn
                  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:42 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beachbride
                    I'm with Robin... Silly Shelley!

Great job Mrs.Butler (sorry - don't know your name)! Keep it up.

I did ok today - only did 20 min of cardio but I did 40 minutes of weights first, and abs. Will try to make it tomorrow, but I have a long work day. Weigh in for me is Wednesday, so we'll see how I did...

#50 Shenmaat

Shenmaat
                    • 98 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:17 PM

Hey All!

How are you guys doing it? What is your motivation? I am on sparkpeople too and I find it easy to track my food intake but I cant seem to exercise. I work from 9 to 6 and have a hour and a half commute each way and feel so tired when i get home. What do you guys recommend to get my butt into gear? Other than thinking of myself in that white dress of course!

ill probably join the sparkpeople group also.
                      "An accident of chance became, our lasting gift that day. Some paths may cross but do not always, join in such a way"
                      http://tickers.Ticke....84a2/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users