Groom Gift on Wedding Day?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by 2bmrstremblay 

Love the auto deposit to the bank account...I have also set it up that everytime I do a debit transaction in my bank account $.50 is deposited to my bank account...it actually adds up fast as well and you don't even notice it. My bank has the option to set the amount you want deposited to your account per transaction....up to $10 I think. 

wow.. that is -pretty awesome!  I've never heard of a bank doing that. Who do you bank with?

#22 KrystalDawn

KrystalDawn
    • 45 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

I will def. be getting my FI and groom present to be delivered by our groomsmen the day of our wedding. I will most likely be getting him an really nice engraved watch. He is obsessed with watches (as he says they are his only accessory lol). He gets a new watch every Christmas but never anything crazy. I think starting the tradition of a new nice watch on our wedding day is great. I will probably engrave it with something to do about time..."It's about time" "Till the end of time" or possibly something between the two of us. I will decide closer to the date!

Even a trillion hearts are still too few to hold all the love I have for you<3

#23 KrystalDawn

KrystalDawn
      • 45 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

Ahh okay.. well I totally understand with you having to pay for the whole wedding yourself. We too are saving up and paying for our own DW and possibly the AHR.. We are hoping to keep everything, included travel costs, to under 15k. We started saving around February and have 100 or so automatically come out of each of our paychecks and go directly into savings accounts. <--Awesome idea on my fiance's part. I never miss the money and it's adding up rather quickly. And I'm soo with you about expenses adding up quickly.. I love the budget program on weddingwire.com.. Although I realized I have already spent over $500 and not a whole lot to show for it. :-/

We do the bank account thing too. Every week $50.00 goes from my pay check and every 2 weeks $100 goes from his pay check into our shared savings account. That way we save $400 a month towards wedding costs. I think it has been very helpful because it's not a TON of money at once.

Even a trillion hearts are still too few to hold all the love I have for you<3

#24 ElleGee

ElleGee
        • 255 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
        • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

wow.. that is -pretty awesome!  I've never heard of a bank doing that. Who do you bank with?

We use CHASE bank and do this too!  We have been saving since January and cant believe how much we have saved up already!!!!!

We also got our first joint credit card through Chase, the UNITED EXPLORER card. This way all wedding items go on it, but we only buy what we can pay off immediately.  And we are accumulating miles for free future trips!  Too bad we didnt have the card back when I bought my wedding dress, LOL!

- Elle Gee

(Laura)

Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com

#25 LaurenR

LaurenR
        • 166 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 25, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
        • LocationLong Beach, New York

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

We use Capital One Venture Card (the one Alec Baldwin promos). We put all joint stuff and major purchases. If you spend so much in the first 3 months, they reward  you with extra points. Have had it open for almost a year and have racked up over $700 worth in flights. It will be perfect for when we are ready to book the DW. 

#26 SunsetLove

SunsetLove
        • 156 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

I did a Boudoir shoot, which was a total surprise for my husband because it is TOTALLY out of my comfort zone! I also got him a nice watch that he had been looking at.

#27 ReginaB

ReginaB
          • Banned
          • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

I did cuff links. He didn't have a pair and while he doesn't wear them too often, he did mention wanting a pair for formal events.

---

R. Bland

http://www.trailways...s/excursions-oh

#28 RollerBride

RollerBride
            • 204 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

i wanted to get my fiance a watch, but he got his Best Man a watch. so, I got him a Tiffany's dog tag with our wedding date engraved on it!

Kip & Kate

August 4, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun

www.kipandkateswedding.com

30 guests

#29 ReganP

ReganP
              • 29 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by dallace 

Another gift idea is a boudoir album if its within your comfort level. The photographers can be pricy but I think it's a neat sexy kind of gift. I'm having my best friends sister do my shoot (not as uncomfortable as a stranger - and much cheaper lol) and then have her pull him aside and deliver it the morning of the wedding so she can shoot pictures of his reaction. I plan to make the "for your eyes only" kind of album and add the pictures myself!

This is an awesome idea! I'm sure your future hubby will absolutely love it!

#30 dallace

dallace
                • 220 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by ReganP 

This is an awesome idea! I'm sure your future hubby will absolutely love it!

Thanks!! I'm super excited to do it, having a hard time not telling him about it! Can't wait to see his reaction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users