DIY Wedding Dress Hanger Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#101 missde09

• 80 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

I cannot wait to try this! I think it is the cutest idea. I am by no means an artsy person, but I am hoping it is as easy as everyone keeps saying that it is...with practice of course.

Attached Files

#102 philanab

• 178 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by blueyz74 

Yes...you were right! The holes were too big! I changed the size of the drill bit to the smallest one...and it worked! Thank you so much! I love the way it came out! Now I'm going to attempt the rest in my bridal party. I was trying to decide if I should put their first names or their title (ie: Maid of Honor). I was leaning towards their first names cuz then they could use them forever. But I also like to make it seem special for a wedding...which is what it is. Decisions, decisions!

I just made all of mine titles; I found capital letters to be the hardest to figure out how to make, so once I got 'Bridesmaid' down, I figured I'd just stick with it. Besides, it's such an honor to be part of someone's wedding; to have a keepsake of the role you played in that important day for your friend would be so special, I'm sure it would get just as much use as one with her first name!

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be 

My dad and fiancĀ© drilled the holes with me overseeing the work

I love this so much thank you for sharing! I also couldn't see myself paying 20 dollars for ach of these when I can make them for a fraction of the price

You're welcome! I had so much fun making my hangers and making this tutorial. I'm so happy to see lots of views and that alot of ladies have been using it to making thier own. I love seeing the variations and all the little personal touches everyone is adding.  

#103 philanab

• 178 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by agm04 

Here's mine!  I still want to do a bride one, maybe.  Definitely not perfect but it will serve its purpose!

Here are mine...Just 2 more to go

Great job ladies! Thanks for posting, your 'ladies' will love them!!!

#104 Aynat

• 199 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

I wish I saw this earlier :( I have bought mine on Esty. Oh well.

#105 missde09

• 80 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

These are all looking so great. I am getting so many ideas. I just hope I remember them all when it comes time to make them. I think it is an excellent way of letting the girls know you appreciate them taking part in your special day. It is an honor to be a BM, so I am sure these hangers will get a lot of use even after the wedding.

#106 soonCB

• 264 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hi Ladies,

I ordered got these flowers for my hangers, but the minimum was 35 assorted colors, so I have tons of extras. If anyone would like some please just inbox me and we can work it out to get them to you. I thought I would post it here as I am sure there are others looking for flowers for their hangers too. I bought them from an ebay seller so I would give them to you very cheap plus shipping if needed :)

#107 BamaBride

• 56 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Love this tutorial! Can't wait to get get the supplies & start working on them!

#108 RNtoBe

• 255 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

I hope my hangers look half as nice as yours, I'm not a "crafty"person. 

#109 MichelleRhett

• 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Really wonderful!

#110 ashk

• 100 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Ooh, what a great idea! Thank you for posting this - and everyone else, you've made it look easy enough that I'm going to attempt them!

Wish me luck :)

23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users