Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1751 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
  • Jr. Member
  • 313 posts

    Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

    So I finally have the main part of the men outfits done!  We found shirts at Banana Republic and pants at the Gap.  I think we are going to have them tuck in the shirt and wear with a belt.  Now we need to choose footwear. We are undecided on Sandals or Closed Toe Loafer type shoes ... going barefoot for the ceremony.  The clothing needs to be washed and steamed before we go.  I don't know whether I should take it all to the dry cleaner or attempt to do it myself and save a few bucks?  What do you all think?  Have any of you found any nice ties?  My fiancee wants to wear one.  I've looked around but all of them are so dark ... no pastel or summer colours!



    #1752 CourtandMatt

    CourtandMatt
    • Jr. Member
    • 366 posts

      Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

      Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

      So I finally have the main part of the men outfits done!  We found shirts at Banana Republic and pants at the Gap.  I think we are going to have them tuck in the shirt and wear with a belt.  Now we need to choose footwear. We are undecided on Sandals or Closed Toe Loafer type shoes ... going barefoot for the ceremony.  The clothing needs to be washed and steamed before we go.  I don't know whether I should take it all to the dry cleaner or attempt to do it myself and save a few bucks?  What do you all think?  Have any of you found any nice ties?  My fiancee wants to wear one.  I've looked around but all of them are so dark ... no pastel or summer colours!

       

      We found great ties at Macys.  We got a white tie and cream tie.  



      #1753 JA2012

      JA2012
      • Jr. Member
      • 334 posts

        Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

        Question - I'm just now working on the men's attire...so late. I shoulda added that to my list of To Do's but silly me, why would I think i needed to organize that on top of EVERYTHING else. Argh!!

        Anyhow, my question (sorry for the mini rage/rant) is this...FH is going to wear a charcoal suit with tie. GM will be wearing grey pant/vest (no jacket) with (i think) white shirts. Should they wear a patterned peachy/pink bow tie with the vest or stick with a regular slim (not skinny) tie??

        I went shopping today and was totally overwhelmed by all of the choices. Time is ticking and if I'm not careful they will be walking down the aisle in their beach shorts. HELP!!



        #1754 chrystine888

        chrystine888
        • Newbie
        • 93 posts

          Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

          Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

          So I finally have the main part of the men outfits done!  We found shirts at Banana Republic and pants at the Gap.  I think we are going to have them tuck in the shirt and wear with a belt.  Now we need to choose footwear. We are undecided on Sandals or Closed Toe Loafer type shoes ... going barefoot for the ceremony.  The clothing needs to be washed and steamed before we go.  I don't know whether I should take it all to the dry cleaner or attempt to do it myself and save a few bucks?  What do you all think?  Have any of you found any nice ties?  My fiancee wants to wear one.  I've looked around but all of them are so dark ... no pastel or summer colours!

          We just finished our groomsmen attire also!  We decided to tell the guys to get brown thong-type sandals for the ceremony, and then they would need closed toe shoes for the reception.  IN hindsight, I kinda wish that we would have them barefoot during the ceremony, because I don't want them to have to carry around an extra pair of shoes all night, or have to walk all the way back to their room to change...



          #1755 Dazeydawl

          Dazeydawl
          • Member
          • 861 posts

            Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

            Question - I'm just now working on the men's attire...so late. I shoulda added that to my list of To Do's but silly me, why would I think i needed to organize that on top of EVERYTHING else. Argh!! Anyhow, my question (sorry for the mini rage/rant) is this...FH is going to wear a charcoal suit with tie. GM will be wearing grey pant/vest (no jacket) with (i think) white shirts. Should they wear a patterned peachy/pink bow tie with the vest or stick with a regular slim (not skinny) tie?? I went shopping today and was totally overwhelmed by all of the choices. Time is ticking and if I'm not careful they will be walking down the aisle in their beach shorts. HELP!!

            Lol I think this is totally your preference. I would say go with the slim tie but that just because I don't like bow ties and think they kinda look cheesy (unless they are paired with suspenders for a hipster look hahah) but if you like them go for it!

            #1756 PuntaBride

            PuntaBride
            • Jr. Member
            • 313 posts

              Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

              Here is the look for the guys.  My Fiancee with the tie ... although this is not the colour of tie.  I'm looking for something with beige/peach/blush tones or mint green tones.  His groomsmen will be wearing the same but no tie.  Shirts from Banana Republic, Pants from Gap  .... with coupons $47 for shirt, $50 for pants (tax included)!!!!  Still looking for shoes now and belts.

               

              AppleMark

               

               

              AppleMark



              #1757 PuntaBride

              PuntaBride
              • Jr. Member
              • 313 posts

                Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

                This might be my something blue .... I also made a silver pair!  Gotta decide.

                AppleMark

                 

                 

                My first order from Vista Print came today.  I got oversized postcards for Menu/Thank You cards.  Going to place these on top of the dinner plates.  Then the room key/money holder came from ebay and the mini-card from Vista Print too.  Super happy with the quality!

                AppleMark



                #1758 KDoyle

                KDoyle
                • Jr. Member
                • 218 posts

                  Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

                  Did you make these --they are awesome ---I am looking for pairs for my bridesmaids right now for the beach ceremony...I unfortunately have to where a wedge flip flop so that there is no height difference when I out on my heels for my dinner and reception...you should contemplate selling them they are so pretty! 

                   

                  My first Vista print order is coming tomorrow with my OOT Bags and labels etc ...I AM SOOO EXCITED for it!!! I have been getting shipments every day - I LOVE IT hahahaha

                   

                  I put together the survival, hangover and snack kits last night as a trial :)

                  Exciting times!!

                   

                  Quote:

                  Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

                  This might be my something blue .... I also made a silver pair!  Gotta decide.

                  AppleMark

                   

                   

                  My first order from Vista Print came today.  I got oversized postcards for Menu/Thank You cards.  Going to place these on top of the dinner plates.  Then the room key/money holder came from ebay and the mini-card from Vista Print too.  Super happy with the quality!

                  AppleMark



                  #1759 KDoyle

                  KDoyle
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 218 posts

                    Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

                    Originally Posted by JA2012 

                    Question - I'm just now working on the men's attire...so late. I shoulda added that to my list of To Do's but silly me, why would I think i needed to organize that on top of EVERYTHING else. Argh!!

                    Anyhow, my question (sorry for the mini rage/rant) is this...FH is going to wear a charcoal suit with tie. GM will be wearing grey pant/vest (no jacket) with (i think) white shirts. Should they wear a patterned peachy/pink bow tie with the vest or stick with a regular slim (not skinny) tie??

                    I went shopping today and was totally overwhelmed by all of the choices. Time is ticking and if I'm not careful they will be walking down the aisle in their beach shorts. HELP!!

                    I think it`s your preference as well -- any will look good , although I prefer a slim tie as well. 

                     

                    I feel like my groomsmen are so under dressed compared to all of you hahahahaha....and so is the Groom! They are wearing beige linen pants with short sleeve white linen shirts untucked....and my FI is wearing a dressier linen pant from Tommy Bahamas with a long sleeve white checked linen shirt rolled at the cuffs tucked in with brown leather belt...they seem so casual compared to all you ladies ;) 



                    #1760 PuntaBride

                    PuntaBride
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 313 posts

                      Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

                      Originally Posted by KDoyle 

                      I think it`s your preference as well -- any will look good , although I prefer a slim tie as well. 

                       

                      I feel like my groomsmen are so under dressed compared to all of you hahahahaha....and so is the Groom! They are wearing beige linen pants with short sleeve white linen shirts untucked....and my FI is wearing a dressier linen pant from Tommy Bahamas with a long sleeve white checked linen shirt rolled at the cuffs tucked in with brown leather belt...they seem so casual compared to all you ladies ;) 

                       

                      I LOVE the untucked look.  We tried with ours, but it doesn't really look right with the shirts we have or something ... So ours are still white shirts and beige pants, still fairly simple.  Would have loved to do Tommy Bahama, just too expensive for us!

                       

                      I noticed you are from Orangeville .... I'm marrying one of your people :)  I was just there on the weekend for our Easter Dinner with his family! lol






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users