Photo

Tammy's DIY Planning Thread - at least 20 items, pic heavy & detailed!

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#81 Adesir8

Adesir8
  • Site Supporter
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

THANK YOU FOR THE WEBSITE SUGGESTIONS. Been really struggling with this aspect.

Congrats...all of your ideas were awesome!

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

Website

This project took me a couple of months.  I did a lot of research as to what I wanted on my website, and by research, I mean stalking other bride's AMAZING websites, especially Coconoir's!  (Gotta love you, girl!! )  I wanted the website done before I sent out the invitations, since they could look up all of the info they needed to make a decision on whether they were coming or not.  Also, there's an RSVP section on the website, so it saved us money in not making RSVP cards & buying stamps for those.

I wanted to use a free website.  At first, I started with theknot.com.  I was really disappointed in their lack of options as far as customizing the look of the pages.  So, I switched to weddingwire.com.  I'm REALLY happy with using that website.  I would really recommend it!

Intro pg.jpg

The welcome page.  It's flash player and moves the images one at a time onto the page - looks very snazzy and upscale!  They give you an option to password protect it for just your guests' eyes.... that's what we did.

Home pg.jpg

Our home page.  A lot of the wording was from other brides on BDW!  Thank you so much for sharing your websites with me!!

Bride & Groom.jpg

Bride & Groom Page.  Coconoir had the awesome idea on her site of having the Groom write about the Bride and vice versa.  So that's what we did.  I think it's a nice touch.... and then it's also not like you're tooting your own horn so to speak.

Wedding Party.jpg

Wedding Party page.  I used a lot of the "custom" pages on weddingwire so that I could make it look how I wanted.  I wrote about my bridesmaids, and Casey wrote about his groomsmen.

I hope this gives you some ideas for your own!

If you're looking for ideas for your own website, please PM me for the password to our site.  I'd love to be able to help you!  I don't know what I would have done if I couldn't have looked at other brides' sites!

Love,

Tammy

#82 shanandcal

shanandcal
    • 103 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Tammy,

I love all of your DIY projects! I too will be on a strict budget (my FI and I are both teachers). I can't believe you did all of that in just 8 months. What was the best way for you to get your the labels off of the water bottles?

#83 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
      • 200 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

I love your invites!!

#84 kbell

kbell
        • Site Supporter
        • 17 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Tammy,

First, congratulations!  Your amazing.  Thank you for posting such amazing DIY projects.   I will definately tap into some of things you've done.

K

#85 kmiller8609

kmiller8609
          • 151 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

Omg you are so clever... Thanks for the inspiration!!!

#86 Kristin Ri

Kristin Ri
            • 162 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Wow everything looked amazing!

#87 Arch713

Arch713
              • 161 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

I have to say your passport invitations are the best I have seen. If you do get your own shop going - please let me know. I would be happy to be a customer.

Thanks for sharing and your upbeat and positive attitude! : )

#88 Peach

Peach
                • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

I just have to say, I LOVE your style, your projects, everything! Very impressive!

#89 ndvidul

ndvidul
                  • 317 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by kellykanester 

I love the bridesmaid dresses, where did you get them !!

Thank you!  I got them from a bridal store in Mesa, AZ.  Luckily, they flattered all of my BM's!! :)

#90 ndvidul

ndvidul
                    • 317 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jocelin Reyes 

Id love to do this as my invites. But I am not sure because of the costs of shipping 40 invites to England!!!. Also I am not sure if it is allowed to "export" sand

Jocelin - I sent two of my invites to England.  I can't remember the cost.  But they definitely recieved them.  So, apparently, you can "export" sand, LOL!  Best wishes!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users