My husband and I were married just over a month ago on Feb 18, 2012 at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun, Mexico. It was the wedding of our dreams! We are loving married life!!
The wedding planning process was super intense for me because not only did I only have 8 months to plan, we were also on a really tight budget, and I wanted to find a way to have everything we wanted and still honor our financial goals...
So, I DIY'd my heart out!!
In this forum, I'll talk about what I made:
- Invitations (no STDs since I started planning so late)
- Boarding Passes & Luggage Tags
- Passport Welcome Booklets
- OOT Bags & Contents
- Flowers & Boutinnieres
- Time Capsule Guest Book
- Ceremony Programs
- Bridesmaids Gifts
- Shells & Chest (for Ceremony Shell Blessing)
- Petal Cone Holders
- He/She Frame (Decoration for Guest Book Table)
- Postcard Reminders (for people to RSVP on our website)
- Bachelorette Party "Hangover Helper" Kits & Gifts
- Bridal Shower favors (yes, I offered to make these! yes, I am crazy! )
Most of what I made were NOT my original ideas.
I spend hours and hours on here researching what others have done, asking for templates, picking what I liked, and then making my projects. I will do my best to give credit to my sources, although my memory may be a bit fuzzy in areas! If I accidentally space it and miss someone, please accept my wholehearted post-marital space-cadetness apologies!! My intention here is not to take credit for anyone's creative genius but to hopefully help others in the planning process.
I don't know what I would have done without this site - it literally saved my sanity. THANK YOU with all my heart to everyone who makes this site possible and such a positive experience. A very special thank you to the ladies on the Moon Palace 2012 Forum!! (woot, woot!) You are my angels.
Here's to YOUR Big Day and making it happen! HAPPY PLANNING!!
Lots of Love,