ndvidul

Tammy's DIY Planning Thread - at least 20 items, pic heavy & detailed!

Well I really need to get cracking here!! Lol! Amazing work!! Do I dare ask how many suitcases you used to get all of this down there? And an inkjet printer really worked for all this? You're Passports are exactly what I have in mind but don't know if I have the patience to create! And I plan on doing the "Facebook" thing too but you've just brought it all together so well! Have you started your own business doing these? How much would you charge for about 25 of the Passports with Facebooks? I know it would probably depend on the amount of pages. Do you have an option to pay for the design then I could do the printing and assembling? So many questions! Lol

These are

Invitations I did 90 of these babies!! It took me over 6 weeks, several group "dates" of friends/family putting them together, and easily about 35 hours. Our guests ADORED these.  We couldn't hear the end of how awesome they were, and we STILL (post-wedding) hear compliments about them.  Lots of our guests have saved theirs! Again, these were not my original idea.  I TOTALLY copied MrsWeiss1211's thread about these invites and just changed a few minor things for ours.  Her thread lists exactly how she did them and is amazing.  Please check it out!!  THANK you for posting your thread, MrsWeiss!! Here is a list of the materials I used, where to get them, and the cost of them.  The cost without shipping was about $360.  Shipping was $250 (we hand-delivered about a dozen of them).  [ATTACHMENT=11647]Wedding Invitations.xls (33k. xls file)[/ATTACHMENT] P.S. If you look at MrsWeiss's thread --- I used the scented oil WAY too early for the corks. I suggest that if you're going to do that, then do it at the very end before you seal the boxes and ship them. OpenBoxWithBottleBesideCENSORED.jpg I did the brads/fasteners a different way - vertical -- so I ended not cutting off the ends, which apparently saved me that "nasty job." I designed the labels. And I handwrote the "pull tag" copying a font that I downloaded for free called "Treasure Map Deadhand." OpenBoxMIBCENSORED.jpg What it looks like with the bottle inside. OpenBoxCENSORED.jpg BackofBoxCENSORED.jpg The ribbons ended up being 13 in long. I also handwrote the addresses instead of putting them through the printer since it seemed easier and more personal to me. Mainly, I think I didn't want to go through the aggravation of any misfeeds with the printer --- that's one of my worst nightmares!! :) Bottle.JPG The raffia length was about 5 inches each. Then I used a pencil to roll up the invites and did a knot with the raffia. Then, I trimmed the ends. You can kind of see it here. Invitation.JPG I designed these as well. I got the antique map of the Cancun area from googling "antique map Cancun," and got the idea from another MIB thread on here. Again, the fonts I used were "Treasure Map Deadhand" and "Caslon Antique Italic" which I downloaded off the internet for free. PullTags.JPG I did 3 different types of Pull Tags since I ran out of starfish & sand dollars. :) Although the starfish were my favorite, I realized that some of the starfish might have broken as I closed the boxes. So, I would actually recommend using the mini shells instead. Sand.JPG These are the 3 different types of sand I used (since I couldn't find a pink sand suggested on this thread). I used 1/4 tsp white sand, 1/2 tsp coarser darker sand, and 3/4 tsp of fine beige sand. We also started putting 2 starfish and 2 sand dollars inside. BUT then the sand dollars turned out to be too big, and we started filing each and every one down to fit the bottles, so then after a bit, we switched to putting in just 1 sand dollar. Also, then we started putting in 1 starfish + 1 sand dollar for like the last 10 bottles so that we'd have enough to glue on the Pull Tags. I would recommend ordering more starfish or sand dollars if you want enough to put in the bottles and for the Pull Tags. Plus, I would look into smaller sand dollars for the bottles, if they're available! :) TableCENSORED.jpg Our dining room table that was convered into a DIY space for 6 weeks! ManyBoxes&Bottles.JPG Soooo many, haha!! CaseyMakingThem.JPG Casey (now my husband!) burning the edges of the invitations --- took about 5 min per invite! Nasty job! MeMakingThem.JPG Me putting the messages in the bottles. The most satisfying part!! And VOILA!!! A final tip --- get lots of help if you can!! They are soooo worth it.
so cool. A true labour of love

So many awesome ideas! woot.gifThank you, thank you!!! Now I have to figure out which ideas I want to put my own creative spin on!  cool.gif