Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#3401 AdamShannon

AdamShannon
  • Site Supporter
  • 48 posts

    Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brandi Kohler 
     

    I just received an e-mail from Isela saying that Deisy no longer works at Now Jade!  I told her that a few things needed to be updated on my wedding contract and she said that it was in Deisy's files and she didn't have access to them!  I am freaking out!!!  She is messing with all of my scheduled dates and stuff!  We leave in less than 2 weeks!  What am I gonna do?!?

     

    We are 50 days out and we sent an email to Deisy last week with some questions and we got a reply last night from Isela.  She stated that Deisy is not there anymore and she answered a bunch of our questions...but the answers to some of the questions were the exact opposite that of what Deisy told us and what we were planning and promised.  There were a bunch of extra changes on our preliminary invoice and a bunch of items missing.  We also might not have dinner plans anymore!?!?  We are trying to stay calm and optimistic.  We are trying to be nice but firm and letting them know what we were previously promised.

     

    A questions - We are having our party/dancing on the Carnival Terrace and we are having a DJ.  We were originally told that the DJ brings their own lighting for dancing.  Now we are being quoted $350 plus tax for 4 hours of lighting????  No what we were told before.  I know lighting is needed in some of the other outdoor venues, but this area has lighting already and the DJ is supposed to bring their own.  Any past experiences?

     

    Thanks!



    #3402 Brandi Kohler

    Brandi Kohler
    • Newbie
    • 91 posts

      Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

      I have been in contact with Isela and while I was freaking out last night, she is on the ball today. She even called me to make sure I was ok. She is very sweet and seems to know what she is doing. Also, she is very quick to reply. We are all in good hands.

      #3403 AdamShannon

      AdamShannon
      • Site Supporter
      • 48 posts

        Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Brandi Kohler 

        I have been in contact with Isela and while I was freaking out last night, she is on the ball today. She even called me to make sure I was ok. She is very sweet and seems to know what she is doing. Also, she is very quick to reply. We are all in good hands.

        We sent her a bunch of questions last night after we got her email with all of the surprises.  I hope she gets back to us soon.  We haven't heard anything yet.



        #3404 LaurenMoser2B

        LaurenMoser2B
        • Newbie
        • 84 posts

          Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Brandi Kohler 
           

          I just received an e-mail from Isela saying that Deisy no longer works at Now Jade!  I told her that a few things needed to be updated on my wedding contract and she said that it was in Deisy's files and she didn't have access to them!  I am freaking out!!!  She is messing with all of my scheduled dates and stuff!  We leave in less than 2 weeks!  What am I gonna do?!?

           

          What?!?! Omg. I have only been in contact with Deisy except for 1 email with Isela yesterday. My wedding is a week from today! I really hope Deisy gave her my file!



          #3405 Nicole Graf

          Nicole Graf
          • Newbie
          • 55 posts

            Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

            I think we all are in good hands. I got emails from Pilar two nights in a row with my wedding being out 2.5 weeks. And I heard the same about Isela. I am trying not to stress - it will all be good.

             

            I do have two questions though:

            1. Should we book the couples massage through the Spa directly?
            2. Pilar scheduled the Rehearsal Dinner at 6 - so am right to assume that the Rehearsal will take place from 5:30 until 6pm? (Just so I am not confusing myself because I had asked to do the rehearsal from 5:30 to 6:30 and got the response that the dinner will be at 6)



            #3406 Nicole Graf

            Nicole Graf
            • Newbie
            • 55 posts

              Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nicole Graf 
               

              I think we all are in good hands. I got emails from Pilar two nights in a row with my wedding being out 2.5 weeks. And I heard the same about Isela. I am trying not to stress - it will all be good.

               

              I do have two questions though:

              1. Should we book the couples massage through the Spa directly?
              2. Pilar scheduled the Rehearsal Dinner at 6 - so am right to assume that the Rehearsal will take place from 5:30 until 6pm? (Just so I am not confusing myself because I had asked to do the rehearsal from 5:30 to 6:30 and got the response that the dinner will be at 6)

               

              Got a response within literally 30 minutes from her. Wow.

              She cc'ed the Spa, so they will contact me, and yes, the rehearsal is 30 minutes and we will have dinner directly after.



              #3407 LaurenMoser2B

              LaurenMoser2B
              • Newbie
              • 84 posts

                Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nicole Graf 
                 

                I think we all are in good hands. I got emails from Pilar two nights in a row with my wedding being out 2.5 weeks. And I heard the same about Isela. I am trying not to stress - it will all be good.

                 

                I do have two questions though:

                1. Should we book the couples massage through the Spa directly?
                2. Pilar scheduled the Rehearsal Dinner at 6 - so am right to assume that the Rehearsal will take place from 5:30 until 6pm? (Just so I am not confusing myself because I had asked to do the rehearsal from 5:30 to 6:30 and got the response that the dinner will be at 6)

                 

                Hi Nicole,

                I have been emailing with the Spa Manager Antonio. I asked the same question about the massage. He said I can book directly through him and I can do it now or wait til we get there. I'm just going to wait until we arrive and call down to the spa. I'm not sure about your rehearsal dinner, but 5:30 would make sense since the dinner is at 6.



                #3408 Nicole Graf

                Nicole Graf
                • Newbie
                • 55 posts

                  Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LaurenMoser2B 
                   

                   

                  Hi Nicole,

                  I have been emailing with the Spa Manager Antonio. I asked the same question about the massage. He said I can book directly through him and I can do it now or wait til we get there. I'm just going to wait until we arrive and call down to the spa. I'm not sure about your rehearsal dinner, but 5:30 would make sense since the dinner is at 6.

                   

                  I have been emailing with a girl from the Spa, forgot her name though. I booked my trials and all hair and make up appointments through her. As for the massage, yea, I think I am just going to wait until we get there...

                  Pilar responded already. She told me the same thing, that rehearsal starts at 5:30 and the dinner at 6. Perfect. All planned. Just have to change the Welcome Letter and print it again.



                  #3409 annettea1021

                  annettea1021
                  • Newbie
                  • 86 posts
                  • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

                  Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

                  Hey guys! I saw that some of you booked the in house DJ... how much is it? I'm just debating if i should bring my own music or get a DJ...



                  #3410 AdamShannon

                  AdamShannon
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 48 posts

                    Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by annettea1021 
                     

                    Hey guys! I saw that some of you booked the in house DJ... how much is it? I'm just debating if i should bring my own music or get a DJ...

                     

                    The DJ is $1,000 for 4 hours.  I think they are currently using AVI Solutions as their DJ company.  You can book your own outside vendor DJ, but then they charge you an outside vendor fee I believe.






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users