Originally Posted by AdamShannon
We are having our wedding on November 22, 2013 and we also choose the Moments Package. We were looking to originally do one of the other higher packages but since we are expecting about 50 guests or so the up charge for the additional 25 guests really added up in cost in addition to the package price. There were added costs for the extra people for cake, champagne, dinner, cocktails,and appetizers. With that being the case and with our budget we figured out that it was best for use to do the Moments package. Here is what we are doing...
- 11 AM Ceremony at the Pergola. We were told that with the moments package that is the only time slot option. We are going to try to get that pushed a little later if possible, but if not, its not a big deal.
- Then we are planning to have our group head to a bar, most likely the Lobby Bar to have a few drinks to celebrate. We will also be doing some pictures and stuff during this time.
- Then we will give our guests a little time to freshen up or whatever.
- Sometime in the later afternoon we are then going to have an hour of appetizers in the Lobby Bar area. We are not choosing to pay for a cocktail hour since there is a bar right there and since we are at an all-inclusive, we have a hard time paying extra for free cocktails.
- Then we are going to do dinner in the buffet area. They are reserving a separate area in there for our group.
- Then we are going to a party/reception for 4 hours on the Carnival Terrace with a DJ and I think we are going to include a private bar there.
This was the best bang for our buck and it covers the things that are important to us. The most important thing to us is that we are able to celebrate with our family and friends.
Are there any suggestions, tips, and/or ideas from anyone out there for us???
We appreciate all of your help!
Thank you for your response. I am going to try and push it a little later too because I wil be paying to have my hair and makeup done by their onsite hairdresser and I have heard it takes upto 2 hrs.
I really do want to spend some time getting ready with my bridesmaids and dont want to start getting anxious if time is running out lol.
Are you paying for your Hour of appetisers in the lobby or are you again using the advantage of the all inclusive?
You said that your group will be heading over to have dinner in the Buffett Area (is this extra charge or is it all part of the All inclusive for the hotel) If they are willing to reserve a section I would be happy to do this too instead of the cocktail hour because I too didnt really want to pay for cocktails in an all inclusive resort.
This way I wouldnt mind using the money that I would have paid for the cocktail and appetizers to maybe have a private reception (prob not with a DJ but we could use our IPOD during this time)
Thank you so much, I am glad I have found this site I was starting to feel a little lost.