We mailed our Save the Dates last night... We're loving getting calls, emails and texts from our family and friends already!
Here is a picture of the finished Save the Date before it was put in the envelope. They are magnets inside of a Kraft paper travel stamp Jacket tied with Bakers Twine and finished with a tag with our monogram on it. They were then placed in white envelopes with a Kraft Paper, wrap around address label.
No Bridal Sweatshop is complete with a couple of these in the afternoon (11 am but who's counting)
I stole the stamps from a template I got from a bride on here. I am so sorry I had her name saved so I could give her credit but I can't find it right now. However, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I changed the wording on the stamps around a little, then I used Picnik to create the Jackets. It took quite a bit of trial and error to get them to be the right size once cut down. I'm sure that there would have been a better way to do this but Picnik was my only resource. Oh how I love it!!! When I showed my fiance the mock up I'd made there were a bunch of markings in the inside that were for me to know lengths and widths and he got the idea to make a compass with longitudinal and latitudinal lines. I think it ended up super cute.
Below is the picnik picture of the cover:
Above is the inside of the jacket with the cut lines. I made this in picnik as well and the printed it, drew the cut lines on it, scanned it and then reprinted it. Again, I'm sure there would have been an easier way to do that but that's what I came up with.
Our Monogram was made by an etsy seller :
We used paper cutters and a martha stewart folding bone to "shape" the jackets.
I bought the envelopes from a wonderful amazon seller.
The address labels were from Kraft Outlet and I used a Martha Stewart template. After they were cut out I added the lace detail with a puncher from Michaels.
I stamped the back of the jackets with a stamp I bought at Michaels for $1.00. The white ink was around $7.00 though.
The Bakers Twine was also an Amazon find.
Lastly are the magnets. I once again used picnik to create the layout, added pictures and put text and shapes in to make the "tag" then I saved the file and uploaded it to VistaPrint. I bought 100 magnets at 50% off so I spent around $60.00 for all of them. It ended up to be a huge savings than if I'd ordered them from another magnet store.
This project was a labor of love but as I've stated in another post, I just LOVE that by doing a destination wedding I have so much extra time to work on these projects. I love the way they turned out and a HUGE thank you to all of you on this forum. I come here for inspiration all the time and get soooo much of it, it's almost overwhelming. Please let me know if you have any questions, I hope I can inspire another bride the way that so many of you have inspired me!