lolo411

Guestbook idea for small guest count?

We had 35 guests and did a wedding Mad Lib for guests to fill out - they turned out so wonderfully!  Some are laugh out loud hilarious and others are really sweet.  All of them are heartfelt and meaningful since guests got to write more than just a brief note of congratulations.  We had two different versions - but both included similar ideas: guest name, how long they have known us, advice and wishes for the future.  Below are two examples - these were also really simple to make.  We created the template on using Microsoft Publisher (2 per page) and printed on coloured card stock. 

Some fab ideas here!  I hadn't even thought of the guest book yet!  As far as the chalk board idea, I love it but want to know do you leave a polaroid camera out for them to take the pic with or a digi camera. 

Thanks for all the cool ideas. I've always said that I wanted to do a photo guest book with polaroid cameras. People can take a picture of themselves and when it comes out... write a message and put it in a guest book. Love the chalk board idea along with it!

Originally Posted by michelleosokin View Post

Some fab ideas here!  I hadn't even thought of the guest book yet!  As far as the chalk board idea, I love it but want to know do you leave a polaroid camera out for them to take the pic with or a digi camera. 

Yep, that is the idea! People write a message on the chalkboard, then someone takes a pic of them holding it and all the photos go in a guest book after the wedding/vacation!

I went with the postcard idea; just bought them in the giftshop once I got there ($1 ea). Our wedding coordinator laid them out on a table with rose petals.

Most people just filled them out and left them on the table for me to gather at the end of the evening.

Originally Posted by Zoe Nguyen View Post

This is what we will have, guestbook from etsy shop.

With some vintage postcards that I found at the local shops. 

And I plan to have a pocket camera that can print pictures out instantly so that the guests can attach pictures of them beside the envelopes (have no idea yet), and I will pre-attach some envelopes into the guestbooks.

That's gorgeous!  Who is the etsy seller?

kristen 

Originally Posted by Zoe Nguyen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

That's gorgeous!  Who is the etsy seller?

kristen 

The etsy seller is http://www.etsy.com/shop/TotallySalinda .

However, I'm lodging a complaint because my guestbook was shipped for 1.5 months already and I still haven't received it yet. So frustrated! I guess it's just my bad luck. :-( 

Oh, you're kidding? That's awful- more unneeded stress huh? Did they provide you with a tracking# or anything?

Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

Oh, you're kidding? That's awful- more unneeded stress huh? Did they provide you with a tracking# or anything?

they did, but it's untrackable. I dont think it's her fault, it's can be either 1. bad luck and is lost by the post office somewhere; or 2. because it's wooden item, it can be hold by custom to check (hopefully they wont damage the book) - Australian custom is very strict.