Photo

Another Personal Question - Birth Control?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 Sharonie

Sharonie
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:49 AM

I have been use Ortho Tri-cyclen for the past 4-5 years and never have any problems, no side effect either. Several other girls I knew used them as well and everyone loved them.

#12 mexico2007

mexico2007
    • 50 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:49 AM

Ok I ment Yasmin BC not Jasmine. What was I thinking! He he he!

#13 NYJen

NYJen
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

I really can't help you either. I've been on Ortho Novum 7/7/7 for over 16 years. Apparently this is one of the strongest BC pills out there. I've never had a problem with it though. And I've never gone off. This pill is so old, from what I hear, they don't even prescribe it anymore - LOL!!! But I think (and my doctor agrees) that there's no sense in changing anything if it's all working fine.

#14 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:59 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by IrieBride08
          I use NuvaRing and I really love it. It's very low dose, I don't have to remember to take pills, and have experienced no side effects. Just wear for three weeks and remove for one.
          My dumb ass would forget to either take it out or put it back

#15 kiki

kiki
          • Banned
          • 170 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:01 PM

Ive been using Triphasil for 8 years now and never had any prob's!!!

#16 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
            • 716 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:04 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LadyP
              My dumb ass would forget to either take it out or put it back

It's easier than remembering to take a pill every day! (Ok, ok, I do forget sometimes...) :)

#17 chicago88

chicago88
              • 699 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:13 PM

I've been using Ortho Tri Cyclen for years and I love it.

I'll probably get off of it after the wedding though so we can try to have a baby!!

Therese & Jay
                Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#18 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
                • 812 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:24 PM

I can't really recommend any other form of birth control other than the pill, but I did want to tell you that my obgyn said the IUD is not an option for a woman who has never given birth. I don't know why, and I didn't ask questions... Maybe it's something you should talk to your doctor about

#19 TracyK

TracyK
                  • 206 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:00 PM

I do not recommend the IUD at all. I had it for almost 3 years and had many troubles with it. The main issue for me was I was so bloated for most of the month, I looked 5 months pregnant at any given time. Since I had my daughter I have been asked by strangers more than a dozen times if I was expecting or how cute my belly was. Ohh it was soooo frustrating, I am 5'4 and weigh 115lbs, how do you even ask such a question without knowing for sure, sorry, sore subject for me. I had it removed and had a tubal ligation in August. My stomach is back to normal thankfully.
                    I also used the nuva ring when it first came out and I liked it until one morning I was making the bed and found it in the sheets. We had gotten busy the night before and it must have came out then. The next month I went back on the pill. Not taking that chance again. Not that the pill worked either, 3 months after that I found out I was expecting my daughter. It really only does take one missed pill.
                    Good luck deciding, every choice has drawbacks. Hopefully you'll find one that works for you.

#20 Janet

Janet
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,459 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:12 PM

For what it's worth, I have an IUD and I'm really happy with it. I have the non-hormone one.

Advantages:
                      No fuss, nothing to do except check on it once a month
                      No monthly cost
                      No hormones

Disadvantages:
                      Heavier period

I'm happy to answer any questions about it if you want. I know everyone reacts differently to different methods of BC but I am pretty happy with mine overall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users