Photo

Dress not have the wow factor you wanted?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 merrylee

merrylee
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

I totally agree, it is a beautiful dress and it looks amazing on you.  Perfect for a DW.  My dress is not anything that I thought I would pick and I am never sure how I feel about it because honestly I don't care about it that much.  Necessary evil for a wedding IMO, but I also know my body isn't perfect.  So if it makes you excited it is all that matters

#12 lucy<3woody

lucy<3woody
    • 166 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

that is a beautiful dress! I agree, if you had it at home, you would probably look at it all the time and feel more excited about it.

What about accessories and shoes? Have you picked all that out? Those would jazz up the ensemble and maybe give you something else to focus on :)

#13 kary

kary
      • 186 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

Avens-

I don't think you are alone in dress doubts...I just decided yesterday that my dress I had bought and paid a $270.00 deposit on was not for me.  I think the problem is, is that I had another dress in mind from the get go.  I am now going to order my new dress on netbride.com, and I am super excited about it!

I think the difference between us is that everyone gave me that OH WOW factor when I bought my original dress, but I didn't feel that way.  I bought it because everyone else thought it looked great.  I didn't feel that excited about it.  However it sounds like you liked your dress to begin with, and you are doubting it because you didn't get the response you would have liked.  If you love it and feel great about it, then I think that's all that matters. I took my mom and sister to look at my new dress today, and they certainly didn't give me the same WOW factor that I got the first time.  But I'm excited about it and that's all that matters, and if you are excited about your dress, you should be happy.  By the way, it looks great on you! 

#14 lmadore

lmadore
        • 128 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

I think the dress is really beautiful, its too bad you didnt get the reaction you wanted. I think it might be natural to think maybe you could have picked a better dress? I sometimes wonder myself because it was actually the one and only dress I tried on ( I put it on every now and then to reaffirm its awesome)  But I personally think your dress is very flattering on you and there is no reason they shouldnt have been wowed. Maybe they were waiting for your reaction? Like you know how people think u should cry when its THE dress?

#15 Jber713

Jber713
          • 179 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

I LOVE your dress!!!

Jen

#16 scooter514

scooter514
            • 155 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

I love the dress and think it looks great!

#17 Avens

Avens
              • 576 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thank you everyone who offered your kind words and made me feel better.  The dress really was perfect, and I knew it as soon as I saw it again!  You guys are the best!!  The pictures are slow to come in from friends and family ( well we just got back yesterday, maybe I'm impatient :P).  Here's the best one I could find thus far!

400464_10150603376070362_507675361_11047145_480550052_n.jpg

#18 MJKH

MJKH
                • Site Supporter
                • 654 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Ohhhh, I'll say it again...you look amazing!  And thanks for posting another pic of an off white dress with a groom in a white shirt.  The whole thing totally worked!

Originally Posted by Avens 

Thank you everyone who offered your kind words and made me feel better.  The dress really was perfect, and I knew it as soon as I saw it again!  You guys are the best!!  The pictures are slow to come in from friends and family ( well we just got back yesterday, maybe I'm impatient :P).  Here's the best one I could find thus far!

400464_10150603376070362_507675361_11047145_480550052_n.jpg

#19 lolo411

lolo411
                  • 160 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

You looked beautiful!

#20 MJKH

MJKH
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 654 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Sorry, I should have clarified as my comment was rather random...there have been some brides (including myself) on BDW trying to work out whether or not if the bride wears an off white gown, it's ok for the groom to be in a white shirt.   

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Ohhhh, I'll say it again...you look amazing!  And thanks for posting another pic of an off white dress with a groom in a white shirt.  The whole thing totally worked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users