Dress not have the wow factor you wanted?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Avens

• 576 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

Hey Ladies,

My wedding is two months away now, and I find I'm waning on my dress.  I tried on a ton of dresses, and I was flipping through all of the pictures, and my dress is still my favourite by far!

I went for a fitting, and two of my BM's (my sister and my best friend) and my mom came with me.  They all live out of town, so hadn't been to see my dress or anything yet. They were all looking for dresses too, and especially my mom was feeling kind of stressed about it, feeling self conscious about her body.

Anyways, I came out in my dress, it had been altered so it actually fit this time and...nothing. It was very anti-climatic, I was disappointed.  The only person who even seemed to notice was my Nana, who took a picture (and I think shows it to everyone she sees now).

These aren't usually selfish or self absorbed people, although I know they were all trying on dresses too, but I feel like there should have been some reaction.  Two of them are super prone to crying during events like this, and like I said, nothing!

Is it my dress? Am I reading to much into this?  I didn't think it bothered me (this was about 2 months ago).  Now I've moved to Alberta (and my dress is still in Manitoba) so I can't even go try it on and see how I feel, and I've probably spent a few hours on Kijiji looking at wedding dresses for sale in my area. I can't afford to go get a brand new one (since we just moved, bought a new house, I'm not working yet, trying to finish school etc.).

One of my bridesmaids is being super helpful, and we're plotting a new flower and such for the dress - but I am just not feeling it.  I hope it's just a fleeting moment of dress doubt.

Anyone else experienced this?  Thanks for listening!

#2 Avens

• 576 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

Here is my dress. It really is what I wanted, fitted top, skirt for frolicking, nice and simple without all of the gems and crystals.... and yet.   Gah!

#3 kat2012

• 602 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

If the dress is what you wanted that is what matters the most!!! Who cares what other people think as long as you love your dress. It is your and your FI day, do what you want and don't worry, on your wedding day everyone will awed when they will see u :D

#4 acireta

• Site Supporter
        • 750 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

i think its a very beautiful dress. I think it looks great on you. I have dress doubt all the time too!! Follow your gut and if you love it, stick with it!! If not, swap it. Just follow your heart.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#5 emstypes

• 243 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:47 AM

It looks great!  Go with your heart, did you cry or have those feelings when you saw yourself in it?  That's what matters!  :)

#6 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

I think your dress is stunning!!  I think that you need to go with what your heart it telling you.  And don't go by other peoples reactions.  You need to go with how you are feeling about it.  I think if you fell in love with to begin with then its probably the right dress.  Maybe it would be worth while going to a store to just try on a few dresses to make sure it really is your dream dress.

#7 Avens

• 576 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Thanks Ladies. I think I needed to hear it from a few other people to believe it.  :) I do wish I could go try it on to re-assure myself.  It'll just have to wait!

#8 Mayanbride

• 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

Did u feel wow and aw~~ wearing this dress? if yes, then just ignore others' reactions, becuz it is not their wedding day.

If no, they you must ask yourself why.  Bottom line, do you like yourself to be in this dress?

#9 MJKH

• Site Supporter
                • 654 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:07 AM

I love it!!! : )  

It looks light and easy-breezy...exactly the criteria I was looking for when I bought my DW dress.  And you look stunning in it.  I think it was a great choice! 

#10 kristen6212

• 184 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:36 AM

I think it looks beautiful! I agree with others, you have to follow your heart.  I had the same problem, ordered a dress had major dress regret and went back and tried it on two more times and both times it did nothing for me.  I decided to change my dress and absolutely love my dress now and couldn't be any happier.  If you can try it on again, I say definately do that.  If you feel beautiful in it and you can picture yourself walking down the aisle in it then I wouldn't worry about their reactions :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users