Beach Palace Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#471 KristieT

KristieT
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nicolew412 

Has anyone ever seen silk flower bouquets? I'm seriously thinking of ordering 6 of these ivory/purple silk bouquets off this website I found for all my bridesmaids, instead of paying $100+ for each real flower bouquet through the hotel. I think that price is ridiculous. The silk bouquets are only $35.00 each, and I was thinking each bridesmaid could carry their own in their suitcase to Mexico. I may just order one to see what they look like, but I was just wondering what you guys thought? Do you think it will look tacky?

Also, I chose to have the live saxophone player for the ceremony. I was wondering what you guys are doing RE: music for the ceremony? I was thinking of providing the saxophone player music sheets of the music I would like him to play, so he doesn't just player whatever he wants. Kenny G is one of my favorite saxophone players I may print his music and give it to the musician. What song are you planning on walking down the aisle to? Maybe the traditional "Here comes the bride" song? Or will you have a different song play? Decisions decisions...

- Nicole

I am using realtouch flowers for my bouquet and my 5 bridesmaids. Check out http://www.bloombridal.com/ They do an amazing job! A little more expensive then your silk flowers but still much cheaper then what the resort charges. I persoanlly like the idea that i get to keep my bouquet forever! How special! I think ordering a sample is a good idea! So you know what you are getting!

As for the ceremony music, i am just going to bring songs on my ipod (actually they make you out them on a cd for the ceremony) Bringing your own music is a good idea, but you would probably want to make sure the saxophone player is familar with the songs. It could be  diaster if he/she is attempting a new song for your wedding. Just something to think about!  Let us know what you decide

#472 KristieT

KristieT
    • 430 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

BP Brides,

Is anyone doing the fireworks for their first kiss (like in the old Diamond Package) It would cost $560 to add to my complimentary package.

I really wanted it but not sure if i can justify $560 for like 10 seconds!

#473 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
      • 148 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by KristieT 

I am using realtouch flowers for my bouquet and my 5 bridesmaids. Check out http://www.bloombridal.com/ They do an amazing job! A little more expensive then your silk flowers but still much cheaper then what the resort charges. I persoanlly like the idea that i get to keep my bouquet forever! How special! I think ordering a sample is a good idea! So you know what you are getting!

As for the ceremony music, i am just going to bring songs on my ipod (actually they make you out them on a cd for the ceremony) Bringing your own music is a good idea, but you would probably want to make sure the saxophone player is familar with the songs. It could be  diaster if he/she is attempting a new song for your wedding. Just something to think about!  Let us know what you decide

Hey Kristie,

Wow, I checked out that website! Amazing, they're beautiful and look so real. It says you have to order 4-6 months in advance though. My wedding is July 12th, so I'm less than 6 months away. I'd be worried they wouldn't come in time. How much did it cost for the 5 bridesmaid bouquets?

Good idea, that would be terrible if he couldn't play the songs I brought him. But I also wouldn't want him playing some weird songs I don't know or like, lol. Do you know what song you're going to walk down the aisle to?

- Nicole

#474 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
        • 148 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Renewing32 

They silk bouquets are a good idea. Espically for savings money. You just have to decide want you want most, to save money or have real flowers. If the silk flowers are made well they will still look great in your photos. I have made silk bouquets for some of my friends weddings and they turned out really well. I would say go ahead and order the one you like so you can decide.

Thank you! Yes, I think I'm going to go with the silk bouquets. $100.00 each for the real flower bouquet is just too much. Thanks for the advice :-)

#475 KristieT

KristieT
          • 430 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nicolew412 

Hey Kristie,

Wow, I checked out that website! Amazing, they're beautiful and look so real. It says you have to order 4-6 months in advance though. My wedding is July 12th, so I'm less than 6 months away. I'd be worried they wouldn't come in time. How much did it cost for the 5 bridesmaid bouquets?

Good idea, that would be terrible if he couldn't play the songs I brought him. But I also wouldn't want him playing some weird songs I don't know or like, lol. Do you know what song you're going to walk down the aisle to?

- Nicole

Hi Nicole,

I got the 7" boquets for my bridesmaids, there were $55 each so $275 total. I would suggest emailing them and see if they could finish them in time. I think they say that just to be safe, you are right around the 6 month mark so I think you would have more then enough time.

To walk down the isle I am doing a piano instramental of "Bless this broken road" by rascall flatts.

#476 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
            • 148 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm so frustrated! I booked my flights from San Francisco International Airport to Cancun, Mexico for July 9th, 2013 and July 16th, 2013. Both flights were NONSTOP flights. Flight was supposed to leave at 8:45 a.m. and arrive in Cancun at 4:00 p.m. on July 9th! I booked this back in November!

I just got notified that my flight intinerary changed and that my new flight will leave SFO at 6:00 a.m., stop in Houston TX, and then arrive in Cancun at 3:30 p.m. Flight time is almost the same, with just an additional 1 hour lay over. But I'm sooo frustrated because I booked nonstop flights for a reason! I'm going to have my huge wedding dress, and I didn't want to have to deal with getting on and off flights.

Has anyone dealt with this type of thing? I feel like it was false advertising by UNITED airlines to advertise nonstop flights and then switch it on us a few months before the departure date. I'm so frustrated!

And then to top it all off one of my bridesmaids just found out she's pregnant. By the time we leave she'll be 6 months. I highly doubt she's going to go to Mexico now :-( And another bridesmaid of mine may not be going either, because he husband doesn't want to spend the money on the trip :-(

And I have a million people complaining about prices still. I feel like no one is going to be there.

Can anything else go wrong?

#477 Renewing32

Renewing32
              • 161 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm so frustrated! I booked my flights from San Francisco International Airport to Cancun, Mexico for July 9th, 2013 and July 16th, 2013. Both flights were NONSTOP flights. Flight was supposed to leave at 8:45 a.m. and arrive in Cancun at 4:00 p.m. on July 9th! I booked this back in November! I just got notified that my flight intinerary changed and that my new flight will leave SFO at 6:00 a.m., stop in Houston TX, and then arrive in Cancun at 3:30 p.m. Flight time is almost the same, with just an additional 1 hour lay over. But I'm sooo frustrated because I booked nonstop flights for a reason! I'm going to have my huge wedding dress, and I didn't want to have to deal with getting on and off flights. Has anyone dealt with this type of thing? I feel like it was false advertising by UNITED airlines to advertise nonstop flights and then switch it on us a few months before the departure date. I'm so frustrated! And then to top it all off one of my bridesmaids just found out she's pregnant. By the time we leave she'll be 6 months. I highly doubt she's going to go to Mexico now :-( And another bridesmaid of mine may not be going either, because he husband doesn't want to spend the money on the trip :-( And I have a million people complaining about prices still. I feel like no one is going to be there. Can anything else go wrong?

Have you tried calling the airline and tell them you want a non-stop flight? They may be able to work it out if you explain your situation. I also have friends complaining about the prices but the way I see it is if they want to be there, then they will. Have your wedding where and how you want. You will be getting married regardless if they are there or not. It's you and your hubby's special moment and don't let anyone's complaining ruin that.;)
                Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

#478 KristieT

KristieT
                • 430 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

What is everybody doing about a Guestbook?! Looking for modern and unique ideas!

#479 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

I made a guestbook on Shutterfly with one of their templates and used our engagement pictures and other pictures of the past 7 1/2 years! :)  It was free- that was the best part! :)

Originally Posted by KristieT 

What is everybody doing about a Guestbook?! Looking for modern and unique ideas!

#480 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                  • 3,074 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Grrreat advice, Renewing32 - keep your joy, and focus on the main thing.......marrying the man you love! how can it be any Better than that ?!?!? wishing you all the Best - keep smiling :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users