Photo

Beach Palace Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#421 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Thank you Erika! You're so right. People are wanting to stay 7 or 8 days and I'm thinking well if you want to stay that long it's going to cost you! I went to a destination wedding 4 years ago in Cancun, and we only stayed 5 days, because that's all we could afford. I'm hoping people realize that!

Thank you for your response! Made me feel better. I will try not to stress for now. What happens, happens. I'm sure everything will work out in the end. And you're right, all that matters is my future hubby and I.

Thanks,

Nicole

#422 nursebrooke

nursebrooke
    • 95 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

We have had that problem too. I have had family members call and tell me prices at other resorts. One said "Did you choose the most expensive resort in all of Cancun?!" My response is this is our wedding not yours!! I chose Beach Palace for its reputation and based on other reviews. I don't want to ask people to come to our wedding and then have it at some janky resort and then they will complain that it was not nice or the food wasn't good or whatever else they find wrong. It is really hurtful and frustrating. We made it clear we would completely understand if people could not afford to come. I just wish they would keep their opinions to themselves!! At this point I don't care about the free stuff I just want people to be excited for us and excited to have a vacation to look forward to if they choose to come. Good luck girls!!

Life is better with your best friend, that's why I am marrying mine <3

#423 KristieT

KristieT
      • 430 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hey Guys,

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada- My guests paid $3410 CAD for two people for direct flights and 7 days/ nights at Beach Palace in the regular room. I know the rates have gone up but if you keep your eye out they may be able to find good deals!

#424 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
        • 148 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by nursebrooke 

We have had that problem too. I have had family members call and tell me prices at other resorts. One said "Did you choose the most expensive resort in all of Cancun?!" My response is this is our wedding not yours!! I chose Beach Palace for its reputation and based on other reviews. I don't want to ask people to come to our wedding and then have it at some janky resort and then they will complain that it was not nice or the food wasn't good or whatever else they find wrong. It is really hurtful and frustrating. We made it clear we would completely understand if people could not afford to come. I just wish they would keep their opinions to themselves!! At this point I don't care about the free stuff I just want people to be excited for us and excited to have a vacation to look forward to if they choose to come. Good luck girls!!

Yes, Brooke! You're completely right. I agree, I chose BP based on rep and reviews as well. It's a beautiful resort and I know our weddings will be perfect. We only get married once (ideally), might as well do it right!

We totally understand if people can't make it as well. It's expensive! I'm hoping airline prices drop a little after the Holiday. I'm a July wedding, so I think Jan or Feb will be the best time for my guests to book. But either way, everything will turn out ok.

Good luck with everything!!

#425 JenniBassler

JenniBassler
          • 48 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

I just hit four months away yesterday so not TOO much long before I will hopefully be hearing from a WC to start some planning. I feel very in the dark. I would really be lost without all you other BP brides. Thanks so much, JKWedding for all your info. Another BP bride sent me the price list she got from Zuniga so I have that to get a bit of an idea of where I am at $ wise with that. And I just sent Marvin an email about flowers. Did everyone just email him photos of what you wanted and he sent back an estimate or did he send you some options in photos? I know I will need some boutonnieres for groomsmen and my dad, I will use the complimentary one for my bouquet and the grooms boutonniere. I'll need a couple bridesmaids bouquets... are you guys doing corsages for mothers and stuff or no? I'm lost!! I am so lucky to have you guys or my head would be spinning!! Thanks everyone!!!

#426 KristieT

KristieT
            • 430 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Congrats on being 4 months out!!! Im a few weeks behind you!  I cant really answer your questions about the flowers i decided to go with Bloom Bridal real touch flowers and will be brining them down with me I will most likely do a corsage for the mothers and a bout for the dads

#427 KristieT

KristieT
              • 430 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone had or having a cocktail party after the ceremony and before the reception? If so where did you hold it and what did it include?

Thanks!

#428 amberm390

amberm390
                • 98 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by nursebrooke 

You will always have those certain people that will complain about what you're doing for your wedding...if they can't afford it, then they don't come...we made that perfectly clear from the start as well! My husband and I were married at Aventura Spa Palace last year and our guests had the BEST time. When we were in the beginning stages of planning the wedding, I felt bad that it would be so expensive for people and considered switching to a 'cheaper' resort...BUT don't be fooled, those 'cheaper' resorts come at a cost on quality!! The hubby and I stayed at a cheaper resort (different brand than Palace Resorts) and we hated it!! Horrible food and service! From then on we decided we would spend the extra $$ to have a great vacation, because you DEF notice a difference in Palace Resorts vs other cheaper resorts!

So stick to your instincts and go with what YOU want

We loved Palace Resorts so much that we just planned a trip back in a month to stay at Moon Palace this time...hoping to get to Beach Palace for one of the days we are there!

#429 nursebrooke

nursebrooke
                  • 95 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by amberm390 

You will always have those certain people that will complain about what you're doing for your wedding...if they can't afford it, then they don't come...we made that perfectly clear from the start as well! My husband and I were married at Aventura Spa Palace last year and our guests had the BEST time. When we were in the beginning stages of planning the wedding, I felt bad that it would be so expensive for people and considered switching to a 'cheaper' resort...BUT don't be fooled, those 'cheaper' resorts come at a cost on quality!! The hubby and I stayed at a cheaper resort (different brand than Palace Resorts) and we hated it!! Horrible food and service! From then on we decided we would spend the extra $$ to have a great vacation, because you DEF notice a difference in Palace Resorts vs other cheaper resorts!

So stick to your instincts and go with what YOU want

We loved Palace Resorts so much that we just planned a trip back in a month to stay at Moon Palace this time...hoping to get to Beach Palace for one of the days we are there!

Thank you!! I hope that once we all get there it will work out :)

Life is better with your best friend, that's why I am marrying mine <3

#430 JKWedding2012

JKWedding2012
                    • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by JenniBassler 

I just hit four months away yesterday so not TOO much long before I will hopefully be hearing from a WC to start some planning. I feel very in the dark. I would really be lost without all you other BP brides. Thanks so much, JKWedding for all your info. Another BP bride sent me the price list she got from Zuniga so I have that to get a bit of an idea of where I am at $ wise with that. And I just sent Marvin an email about flowers. Did everyone just email him photos of what you wanted and he sent back an estimate or did he send you some options in photos? I know I will need some boutonnieres for groomsmen and my dad, I will use the complimentary one for my bouquet and the grooms boutonniere. I'll need a couple bridesmaids bouquets... are you guys doing corsages for mothers and stuff or no? I'm lost!! I am so lucky to have you guys or my head would be spinning!! Thanks everyone!!!

Hi Jenni!

Marvin sent some options, I told him our colours and he sent at least 6 different options on what would look good. I was very pleased with his services and he wasn't expensive!!! Especially since I got the complimentary bouquet from BP. I got my mom and mother in law corsages! We surprised them with them on the wedding day- they were very happy! I wish you the best of luck! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users