1) Who was your photographer? We brought our Photographer with us. Matt Kennedy Photography in Vancouver, BC, Canada ( He does destination weddings everywhere for a reasonable price)
2) My bridesmaid dresses are almost the exact same color as your bridesmaids (royal purple). Did you purchase bridesmaid flowers at the hotel for your bridesmaids? I love the mix of pinks and purples in your bridesmaid bouquets. I was thinking of buying silk flowers for my bridesmaids and bringing them down to Mexico with me. Beach Palace wants to charge an arm and a leg for maid of honor bouquets, etc...so I was just wondering what you did here? We got our flowers from Marvin, they were $300 for 3 bridesmaid bouquets, 4 boutineres(sp) and 2 wrist corsages. He dropped them off at the lobby so we didnt have to pay an outside vendor fee. His email is Marvin@mayafloral.com. He was super responsive and fantastic!
3) Did you receive the wedding benefits? Free reception, cocktail hour, etc...? If not, how much did it cost you for the reception? yes, we received all the free unlimited functions. There was a small set up fee I believe.
4) Did you use Zuniga for reception decor? I have contacted them to do floating candles in the pool, lights under the tables, etc, so I was just wondering what you used? We used creative cancun. Is that the same thing? we got the constellation lights for the table and beach palace provided us with table numbers and that was it! It looked beautiful! That was it- no centre pieces and we were super pleased!
5) What is the name of the terrace where you had the reception? I want my reception at this rooftop pool as well. We had it on the north sky terrace. It was beautiful! perfect spot. (it was facing the lagoon view but the sun was already down by the time we had our reception)
6) Did you have a DJ, or did you just do the ipod and speakers through PSAV? We used PSAV- they provided us with lights and DJ service for 4 hours. They were really good ( super loud speakers). But honestly, you can get away with IPOD and just rent 2 speakers and a mic. We just didnt want to designate someone to changing the music for us. And we needed the extra lighting because the sun set at 5:15pm.
For the spa. I had a hair/makeup trial 2 days before with Patrica. She did a fantastic job. Hair/makeup was my only stress planning this wedding. I had her on the wedding day as well. I ended using all of my $300 resort credits for spa on my hair/makeup. So it was all free minus the tips I gave her. I booked my hair/makeup trial and wedding day in advance. When I got to the resort I changed it to use my resort credits so definitely take advantage of that!!! I read somewhere on here that someone paid $450 for hair/makeup from an outside vendor- THAT'S INSANE!!!! So I basically said in advance that I will pay with mastercard to get my hair/makeup done and changed it once we arrived. My sister also got her hair done from another lady and she did a fantastic job!
We had Rebecca as our wedding coordinator. She was excellent. Really on top of everything. My complimentary bouquet of ivory roses was so beautiful. Our photographer couldn't believe how nice they were for a complementary package. The ceremony was simple yet elegant and that was complimentary. The setting is so beautiful so we didn't need to spend a lot of money on a package.
Overall, it was what we expected and more. We chose the French buffet for our wedding dinner and it was soooooo delicious!!!!!!
ask any other questions!! I want to go back!