Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#3211 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

We just booked the Barcelo Maya Colonial in the Mayan. We are flying with Air Transat and booking a wedding package thru them. Glad everything is comming together!

If you haven't already you should check out the Barcelo threads on here, even the palace ones. There is one huge Barcelo Thread with a ton of info and a couple smaller ones as well. I was married Nov 28 2012 at the Barcelo Palace, most of our guests stayed at the Colonial. I have nothing bad to say about the resort, it was such an amazing experience. air Transat on the other hand was a different story, I was fighting to get out tickets from them 7 days before we left, the ridiculous amount of complications were terrible but in the end when I demanded they do something about everything that had gone wrong we got upgraded. Consider both the AT packages and the resorts because the options are all very different and the prices appear cheaper but once you add upgrades and extra people ect it can be similar prices.

#3212 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
    • 389 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

For the dress in an overhead bin...From what I've looked up many companies don't have a place to hang it and you must put t in a bin. What we did was pre-board (even if I wasn't first class I would have asked to) and then put our luggage in the overhead compartment and then laid my dress on top of it. As it was full we closed it and no one else could use it. I would have been furious if someone tried to put their bag ON my dress. My dress wasn't huge but it was large enough with ruffles kn the bottom plus we had my husbands suit also hanging with it and i had no issues getting all of it to lay flat on top of our carry on luggage.

#3213 jina21

jina21
      • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Yes I have come across the Barcelo threads on this website, lots of helpful hints! I hope we have no problems with air transat...comming from saskatchewan, we don't have a lot of choices. I have had many family members and friends who have done sunwing this year and last year, and heard lots of horror stories about their flights. So sunwing was definately out for us! Thanks for the info on the storage of the dress, there definately will NO luggage on top of my dress!!

#3214 tkuzma

tkuzma
        • 418 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hello Canadian brides!!!

It's been forever since I posted in this thread, but I got so many useful ideas from you that I hope I can return the favour with my Wedding Planning Journal, which I just finished posting...http://www.bestdesti...february-7-2013

Happy weekend!

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#3215 SusanMike2013

SusanMike2013
        • 123 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Does anyone know where to purchase good Bridesmaid tanks?

There is so many online I was wondering if anyone had purchased them and can comment :-)

Thanks!

#3216 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
          • 389 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by SusanMike2013 

There is so many online I was wondering if anyone had purchased them and can comment :-)

Thanks!

I purchased my own tank tops and did the iron on transfer myself, I bought the transfers from etsy seller bridalblingshoppe and they worked out fantastic.

#3217 pokeyholly

pokeyholly
            • 176 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Does anyone know a good site to order rhinestone cake ribbon from? 

#3218 Mlite83

Mlite83
              • 384 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by SusanMike2013 

Thanks!

I purchased my own tanks and the iron on transfers from Michaels and they turned out great!

#3219 Scarma

Scarma
                • 175 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for the tips!! im so excited to start but im just not crafty!!

#3220 Scarma

Scarma
                  • 175 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by tkuzma 

Hello Canadian brides!!!

It's been forever since I posted in this thread, but I got so many useful ideas from you that I hope I can return the favour with my Wedding Planning Journal, which I just finished posting...http://www.bestdesti...february-7-2013

Happy weekend!

From another Edmontonian to another THANKYOU!! I just read your journal and now i have lots of ideas!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users