Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2101 bride6262

bride6262
  • Member
  • 582 posts

    Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

    Hey!

     

    for recessional songs i am thinking marry me - bruno mars or I Do by colbie caillat
     

    Originally Posted by Janet1480 

    Hi Krysta...Jack Johnson is definitely a good choice like the other ladies have suggested. I am biased though since i walked down the aisle to one of his songs :) I used the hawaiin version of better together because it felt tropical and better together is mine and hubbies song :)

     

    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=c2KYTOw5Fm4

     

     

    I always loved this song, its very upbeat in comparison to Jack Johnson and a fun one...always makes me smile when i hear it  young folks peter bjorn and john http://www.youtube.c...6iw-ws4&ob=av2n

     

     

    i also got your PM and will put some stuff together for you to look at :)
     



     


    That's very exciting. congrats on booking a date...now the planning REALLY begins ;)

     

     



     



     



    #2102 amjohnson

    amjohnson
    • Site Supporter
    • 340 posts

      Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

      Krysta,

      I thought I would suggest the songs we used. I didn't want to Colbie Caillat songs but Bubbly is a fun song that I knew would be easy for me to walk down the aisle...none of my family were there so I didn't want a serious song. As Bright as the Sun was the one we walked out on and it was a fun one too, and it was perfect as the sun was shining! I am sure you know the song but it is a feel good song and up beat.


       

      Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

      oops jack johnson! lol
       



       



       



      #2103 Peach

      Peach
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,293 posts

        Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

        Hey, other Krysta!
        There is a thread somewhere here for recessional songs. There are some great options!

         

        For me, I am thinking either 500 Miles (like, from Benny and Joon.... I think it is by the Proclaimers, OR Bruno Mars, Marry You

        OR, (and my current fave), Beach Boys: God Only Knows. I LOVE that song, and am for sure going to use it somewhere. Just not sure where yet.



        #2104 Dominican Ally

        Dominican Ally
        • Jr. Member
        • 400 posts

          Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

          Hey Ladies - Just a head's up to those looking for vista print deals - they just sent out an 80% off email the other day, and this morning I got a 100% off certain items (bus. cards/postcards)

          I've already done my STD's, but think I'll take advantage of the new postcard offer to order some "photo sharing" postcards for the OOT bags.


          Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

          49 Guests booked, and counting...


          #2105 Kim Deslippe

          Kim Deslippe
          • Newbie
          • 85 posts

            Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

            Just wanted to throw out this FYI for any ladies that are looking for places to buy stuff for survival kits/OOT bags.  This site has a huge supply of travel size items available, http://www.minimus.biz/, and I have found a few things at Sam's Club in the states, such as Advil packets, Shout wipes, bulk hand sanitizers, etc. I realize it's not Canadian, but if you are close to a border and have a membership or know someone that does, the prices work out really good, and you can even look online, http://www.samsclub....ms/homepage.jsp.



            #2106 Dominican Ally

            Dominican Ally
            • Jr. Member
            • 400 posts

              Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:31 PM


              Thanks Kim! That site is fantastic! I'm bookmarking it, and when I finally have a better idea of the number of OOT bags I'll be needing - I'm totally ordering from this site! I am thinking of getting tylenol, pepto, immodium, the lens cleaning wipes (super cheap and great for sunglasses!), and the little sewing kit (which is also super cheap!).

              Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe 

              Just wanted to throw out this FYI for any ladies that are looking for places to buy stuff for survival kits/OOT bags.  This site has a huge supply of travel size items available, http://www.minimus.biz/, and I have found a few things at Sam's Club in the states, such as Advil packets, Shout wipes, bulk hand sanitizers, etc. I realize it's not Canadian, but if you are close to a border and have a membership or know someone that does, the prices work out really good, and you can even look online, http://www.samsclub....ms/homepage.jsp.



               


              Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

              49 Guests booked, and counting...


              #2107 Kim Deslippe

              Kim Deslippe
              • Newbie
              • 85 posts

                Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

                You're welcome.  I came across it when I was searching for travel size items and I think I may have seen it mentioned on BDW somewhere, but I've been through so many threads looking for ideas, I cannot remember which thread it was.  I've also made a list of the products that I want to get and am just waiting for a more accurate number of guests too!  Thinking that I have a pretty good idea of how many guests we're going to have but things can change and I've got lots of time still!
                 

                Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 


                Thanks Kim! That site is fantastic! I'm bookmarking it, and when I finally have a better idea of the number of OOT bags I'll be needing - I'm totally ordering from this site! I am thinking of getting tylenol, pepto, immodium, the lens cleaning wipes (super cheap and great for sunglasses!), and the little sewing kit (which is also super cheap!).



                 



                 



                #2108 MJKH

                MJKH
                • Site Supporter
                • 654 posts

                  Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

                  I ordered from minimus...I loved the little eco bamboo foot files...they're hard to locate on the site, but if you type "bamboo" into the search window they pop up I think.  One tip...when I placed my order with minimus, I asked that any items with an expiration date expire no sooner than one year after our wedding date.  I noticed they highlighted it on the warehouse form and everything came just as I had asked.  Otherwise, you may end up with a box full of OTC meds that expire before or right around your wedding!
                   

                  Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 


                  Thanks Kim! That site is fantastic! I'm bookmarking it, and when I finally have a better idea of the number of OOT bags I'll be needing - I'm totally ordering from this site! I am thinking of getting tylenol, pepto, immodium, the lens cleaning wipes (super cheap and great for sunglasses!), and the little sewing kit (which is also super cheap!).



                   



                   



                  #2109 Kim Deslippe

                  Kim Deslippe
                  • Newbie
                  • 85 posts

                    Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

                    Thanks for the tip!
                     

                    Originally Posted by MJKH 

                    I ordered from minimus...I loved the little eco bamboo foot files...they're hard to locate on the site, but if you type "bamboo" into the search window they pop up I think.  One tip...when I placed my order with minimus, I asked that any items with an expiration date expire no sooner than one year after our wedding date.  I noticed they highlighted it on the warehouse form and everything came just as I had asked.  Otherwise, you may end up with a box full of OTC meds that expire before or right around your wedding!
                     



                     



                     



                    #2110 bride6262

                    bride6262
                    • Member
                    • 582 posts

                      Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

                      i found shoes!! i wasnt even looking and found shoes!!!! i have never purchased anything from beyond the rack before but finally made my first purchase!!

                       

                      if anyone hasnt checked it out here is a link. you need an invite but its free!!

                       

                      http://www.beyondtherack.com/member/invite/B148585B

                       

                       

                      now drum roll......

                       

                      my shoes!.jpg






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users