Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#201 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

I forgot about shoe candy.... thats a great idea thanks Leigh!!!!

I love a shoe with a bow lol but I am really unsure what will go with the dress.... I feel like the badgley Mischkas (first pair) don't really work......

Oh decisions..... not one tells you committing to the man will be the easiest part of all this!

#202 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:04 AM

Time for a new RANT about NOOBIES!!!!

Sidenote: this is not to discourage newbies from taking part in the forums but please TAKE PART!!!!

So I come on this morning as I do every morning to get caught up on my BDW threads.  I am checking the threads and what do I find.... almost EVERY thread I am checking has the SAME post from the SAME noob OVER and OVER again!!! I almost feel like she went on my subscriptions and clicked every post and didn't READ the thread and just put "thanks for sharing"  

Now question... is this a situation where I should be reporting this user?  She changes it up once and awhile "thanks for sharing" "Great idea thanks for sharing" "thanks for sharing, great idea" UGHHHHH I wanted to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know what happens when you BLOCK a user?!

#203 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

i ended up blocking a user for the same reason hun... evry thread i had posted she was there with the same sayings as you posted, although i dont know what ended up happening, but all i do know is that she cannot see what threads ive gone to .... nor can it be seen my info and my home page.

ok, so this is my opinion if you cant take the time to actually input into the threads and actually state something useful then please save it...i go on here everyday and spend hours on this site trying to plan and help, and yes i do at time say thanx for sharing...like other brides here we are trying to accomplish something here and build on friendships created. so PLEASE if you have nothing to say then dont say anything at all.

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Sidenote: this is not to discourage newbies from taking part in the forums but please TAKE PART!!!!

So I come on this morning as I do every morning to get caught up on my BDW threads.  I am checking the threads and what do I find.... almost EVERY thread I am checking has the SAME post from the SAME noob OVER and OVER again!!! I almost feel like she went on my subscriptions and clicked every post and didn't READ the thread and just put "thanks for sharing"  

Now question... is this a situation where I should be reporting this user?  She changes it up once and awhile "thanks for sharing" "Great idea thanks for sharing" "thanks for sharing, great idea" UGHHHHH I wanted to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#204 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
        • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:29 AM

on a side not ... not related to anything lol lol im off of here for a while today, getting hair done....and the FMIL is here visiting before the big move back home!

i will be back later to get my fix lol have a great day ladies, ill miss you all lol lol lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#205 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
          • 423 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

If you are not a Beyond the Rack member already, you should sign up!

Badgley Mischkas on Sale Monday! Won't know the styles till then.

#206 amjohnson

amjohnson
            • Site Supporter
            • 340 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:33 AM

Hi Tori,

Great idea starting this thread! I just found it!

I am not sure if you are getting real or silk/real touch flowers for your bridesmaids, but I thought I would share with you what our plan is for centerpieces and bouquets.

Our resort charges crazy money for extra bouquets and from what other brides have said you are better going outside the resort for what you get for the price. So I am getting my bouquet included in the package and bringing an exact photo of what I want. I guess they will do exactly what you show them.

Since we are renewing our vows back home and having a AHR, we are pretty sure we are going to do silk bouquets of white calla lilies or orchids for the BM bouquets. Mine will be similar but in red shades. I am going to rent vases from the resort to the right height, place some sand, shells in the bottom and place the bridesmaid bouquets in vases.

My sister is a florist who used to have her own flower shop so she has offered to make them. I like your idea of tulle on table, simple yet elegant. Need to save space in the suitcases as those crazy Oot bags are going to take up a fair bit of room!

Oh the decor dilemma .... Our resort does a basic ceremony, dinner and reception set up and then there is a cost for different decor packages.  The basic package includes white chair covers, white linens (at dinner and reception) and that type of stuff.  We can add aisle runner, chair sashes, colour on gazebo or chuppa arch etc.  We have opted for the basic set up package as i did not want to spend upwards of $1000 for decor that I don't even LOVE.  There is only one or 2 elements from each package that I even like.

SOOOOOOOOOOO here is what I have decided.  

Ceremony

- Shell pomanders on 3.5 ft sheppards hooks to line the aisle 

- no aisle runner

- no additional colour to chuppa

- no chair sashes

- reserved seating signs for parents

I am considering doing raffia and starfish but they would have to be pinned to the backs of the chairs and I just don't think it is worth it so I will likely just keep it nice and simple.  I am loving incorporating white into my colours so the white chair covers and white billowing curtains for my arch I think will be perfect!

Dinner

We are doing a semi private dinner so I do not want a TON of decor.

- MR and MRS chair signs for FI and My chairs at dinner

- Reserved seating signs (same as ceremony) for parents

- Possibly using tule (i bought for another project and ended up not using) in our colour to run down the middle of the table

- 4 or so centre pieces on the table

I cannot decide whether to use the BM and my bouquet as the centre pieces and save on some cost or do something a little different... I really like height in centrepieces so this is what I came up with let me know what you think

(sorry the picture is sideways.... the second is a close up of the shells at the end of the grasses)

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3247.JPG

Reception

- centrepieces on all round tables

- maybe use the sheppard hooks with lanterns around the site of the reception (battery operated tea lights in lanterns)

I really just want a romantic simple elegant feel and do not want to be lugging a TON of stuff, I already have all my OOT stuff to bring.

Let me know what you think and where you think I should maybe add stuff or if you have any ideas!!!!

#207 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
              • 212 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

OMG Tori....I think I totally know who you are referring too....annoying or what??!!!

#208 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

I figured she was popping up for all of you since we are all basically on the same threads LOL 

I was this close to sending her a PM saying "You have reached your 150 posts so I hope this means I will stop seeing the same comment on every thread!"  Than I was afraid someone might tell me to retract the claws LOL  It just urks me...... You are either a really last minute planner in which case you jsut need to dive into everything not waste time on here OR you are just plain RUDE!!!! I didn't HAVE to see any templates when I was first on here..... put in your time for goodness sake!

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 

OMG Tori....I think I totally know who you are referring too....annoying or what??!!!

#209 Janet1480

Janet1480
                  • 709 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

Thanks for the invite here :) i havent been on much since the move and am just catching up the last few days so i didnt even know you started this group :) i will have to read through and catch up with all of you XOX

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#210 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                    • 1,252 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

welcome back Janet, i was wondering where you went to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users