Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

So I thought it may be a good idea to start a Canadian Brides "Chat Thread" for all my fellow Canadian Brides out there.  I know most of us communicate via many other threads specifically Canadian OOT info but since that can get Off Topic quickly, I thought it would be great to give us a spot to come and chat, update one another and share our Canadian finds!!!!!

I hope we can get this thread going as I know there are quite a few of us that are VERY active on the forums and many of you have been such a great help to me with your tips and tricks that I just hope we can help newbie Canadian brides and one another over the next few months and longer!!!!!!

So cheers to all my Canadian brides and I look forward to "chit chatting" with you all soon!!!!!! cheers.gif

• Like 2

I'm in too!! :) Great Idea Tori! Thanks for creating the thread and i look forward to chattin with all of the Fellow Canadian Brides :)

Cheers right back at ya!! 

cheers.gif

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

So I thought it may be a good idea to start a Canadian Brides "Chat Thread" for all my fellow Canadian Brides out there.  I know most of us communicate via many other threads specifically Canadian OOT info but since that can get Off Topic quickly, I thought it would be great to give us a spot to come and chat, update one another and share our Canadian finds!!!!!

I hope we can get this thread going as I know there are quite a few of us that are VERY active on the forums and many of you have been such a great help to me with your tips and tricks that I just hope we can help newbie Canadian brides and one another over the next few months and longer!!!!!!

So cheers to all my Canadian brides and I look forward to "chit chatting" with you all soon!!!!!! cheers.gif

woooo hooooo, now I have a place to chit chat AND a place to OOT ahaha. thanksss tori! OH guess what, I got my wedding ring designed! YAY! Its a channel band, the two outer rows are white diamonds, and the inner row is black diamond... I am VERY excited to see the final product when it is made, I will take a picture for you! Everyone at the store was amazed with what I had designed, they had never seen/thought of using black diamonds in a wedding ring! Hopefully it turns out well... I cant believe I am putting together all the pieces now... my next task is to figure out some decor... My resort wants 3500 for decorations.... EEEEEEK thats more than our flights combined, or our dinner AND open bar combined... I dont understand, since most of the stuff can be reusable... oh well.. I am considering getting most of it myself, but then there is the question of wether or not I will have time to decorate, or if I can even get it down there... hmmmm are you ladies doing anything yourself for decor, or just biting the bullet and paying? My ceremony is fully decorated, but not my reception!

I am not bringing any decor down...I figure it's beautiful enough in Jamaica...and it's one less thing to worry/stress about...I will just use what they have...I am not too picky:) $3500 for decor...holy moly..that's crazzzyyy!! Can't wait to see your ring!

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

woooo hooooo, now I have a place to chit chat AND a place to OOT ahaha. thanksss tori! OH guess what, I got my wedding ring designed! YAY! Its a channel band, the two outer rows are white diamonds, and the inner row is black diamond... I am VERY excited to see the final product when it is made, I will take a picture for you! Everyone at the store was amazed with what I had designed, they had never seen/thought of using black diamonds in a wedding ring! Hopefully it turns out well... I cant believe I am putting together all the pieces now... my next task is to figure out some decor... My resort wants 3500 for decorations.... EEEEEEK thats more than our flights combined, or our dinner AND open bar combined... I dont understand, since most of the stuff can be reusable... oh well.. I am considering getting most of it myself, but then there is the question of wether or not I will have time to decorate, or if I can even get it down there... hmmmm are you ladies doing anything yourself for decor, or just biting the bullet and paying? My ceremony is fully decorated, but not my reception!

Yay!! That is so exciting about your ring!! Can't wait to see pics!! :)

3500 for decorations is INSANE!!!!! I am bringing my own decorations down, however with Jamaica already being beautiful i am not bringing alot... All i am taking down is a few blue seashell candles... i bought some blue(turquoise) organza to decorate the arch, and turquoise chair sashes, and then i bought some large startfish to put on the arch also.. as it is soo much cheaper than buying flowers. from there i have a bunch of small starfish to put on the tables, The resort does include some very basic decorating things for the reception and ceremony, so i will just add my stuff to what they have..it will be simple... but a little extra than just bare tables.. :) so what i am bringing for decorations will take very little room in my suitcase as it is mostly just seashells and fabric for the most part..

Your ring sounds gorgeous I can't wait to see pictures!!! I am only bringing down candles and some starfish for the reception tables my FI and I are pretty lad back and don't want to stress about packing and setting up. I was told that if you give your decor to the WC they will set it up for you, you should ask at your resort. I couldn't imagine spending 3500 on decor that seems really high in price.