Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

BTW, I too bought my sashes on ebay for $58.79 for 100...I hope we don't have to set them all up!  That would be a pain cuz I want them at the beach for the ceremony then transferred to the reception hall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by elsa s View Post

 

Im getting Married at Dreams Riviera April 30th... about 2 months away now!! getting nervous and excited =)) I chose the ultimate pkg, seems worth it !! 

Congrats!!!!! The next two months is gonna fly by I'm sure  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jreist View Post

 

 

The flight was OK, but they did make me put my dress in the overhead bin, and just stood there watching when people put their luggage on TOP of my wedding dress. That made me mad,but if you stand up for yourself then it will be Ok. My husband and I both brought 2 suitcases, and then my parents each brought an extra one of ours. They would have waived the fee for the suitcase except I had pre-paid, so dont pre-pay haha. 

Oh i would have cried!! You must show pictures of the dress!! Do they not have a place for the dress to go like on a hanger? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Scarma View Post

 

So how does that work, if you bring your own do you have to set it up or do you just give to the WC to put the decor together?

Also what do you decide is worth bringing in your OOT bags cause I know ill have favors and our stuff but wedding stuff would be another suitcase?

At dreams Riviera they set everything up for you .such as tables and sashes etc free of charge! do you definitely don't have to worry about that yourself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Scarma View Post

 

Oh i would have cried!! You must show pictures of the dress!! Do they not have a place for the dress to go like on a hanger? 

 

I flew Canjet and they are a reserved overhead bin just for my dress.  They also stationed a flight attendant right in front of the bin so no one could put anything additional in there.  The airline was wonderful with us - lots of perks for bride and groom, it was great!  Sorry to hear not all airlines are as accommodating :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Mlite83 View Post

 

 

I flew Canjet and they are a reserved overhead bin just for my dress.  They also stationed a flight attendant right in front of the bin so no one could put anything additional in there.  The airline was wonderful with us - lots of perks for bride and groom, it was great!  Sorry to hear not all airlines are as accommodating :(

Ya im not sure but we are flying Westjet and i know everybody loves them but some of the forums say they do the same thing. Well all i know is our TA say they are very particular on their vacation packages. Not much stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jenny2014 View Post

 

 

Who are you going with in Mississauga? I am on the hunt for a TA but have had no idea where to even start

Vanessa Martinez at Centre Holidays. 

vanessam@centreholidays.com

Phone:  613.224.6749

Toll Free: 1.888.823.8801 ext 216

Honestly, She is absolutely amazing and has gone above and beyond our expectations. This entire process has been a breeze. I didn't settle on an agent for 3 weeks and it was really frustrating. The different quotes I was receiving was astonishing. I went with Vanessa not only because she worked to get us fantastic rates, but also because I would email her and she would respond instantly. She did the same with my finicky guests and has a lot of experience with wedding bookings. I'm in Edmonton and my guests are all over and she has been so organized. I'm sure everyone will probably recommend their TAs now and flip you info and you should definitely look into them all. You will know instantly who you want working with your group. I hope this helps. I was in the same boat you are when I began this whole process but I learned a lot. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI All....

 

Just giving my two cents on the TA stuff..

I didn't find a good agent until my third try! Honestly if you feel they are not giving you enough attention move on! I felt bad ditching the first one.. but I am so glad I did.

My TA has done everything for me....

-I told her what I wanted.. she gave me a list of resorts to pick from and HELPED me decide what would be best for my group

- booked my date at the resort .. i told her what dates would work for me, and she called them. None of these email the resort myself and wait days/weeks for a reply. And got around the 3 business day needed that they claim you must have.

- Found the best rate.. she went above and beyond . She would get a rate from one travel group and go to another to ask them to match it...
Even AFTER the group rate was done and over with she was able to secure a lower price for additional guests.

- any issues with the resort she has step up and helped.. Anyone getting married at Now Larimar will know about the change to outside photographers... My TA contact the resort to get that straighten out :-).

- got us extra luggage allowance for free

- gave me coupons for airport parking

 

We have done everything over email, which is a great help.

I had one TA who told me I had to come to see her... she worked mon to fri banking hours.. I have two babies... and a hubby to be that travels. Not a chance!

 

Travel agents got hook ups and can get you what you want. You really just got to find one who is willing to go that extra for you!

 

I will be sending my TA a very nice gift and thank you card once we are all said and done.

I think  every bride should have that great of an experience when planning thier wedding :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by SusanMike2013 View Post

 

HI All....

 

Just giving my two cents on the TA stuff..

I didn't find a good agent until my third try! Honestly if you feel they are not giving you enough attention move on! I felt bad ditching the first one.. but I am so glad I did.

 

My TA has done everything for me....

-I told her what I wanted.. she gave me a list of resorts to pick from and HELPED me decide what would be best for my group

- booked my date at the resort .. i told her what dates would work for me, and she called them. None of these email the resort myself and wait days/weeks for a reply. And got around the 3 business day needed that they claim you must have.

- Found the best rate.. she went above and beyond . She would get a rate from one travel group and go to another to ask them to match it...

Even AFTER the group rate was done and over with she was able to secure a lower price for additional guests.

- any issues with the resort she has step up and helped.. Anyone getting married at Now Larimar will know about the change to outside photographers... My TA contact the resort to get that straighten out :-).

- got us extra luggage allowance for free

- gave me coupons for airport parking

 

We have done everything over email, which is a great help.

I had one TA who told me I had to come to see her... she worked mon to fri banking hours.. I have two babies... and a hubby to be that travels. Not a chance!

 

Travel agents got hook ups and can get you what you want. You really just got to find one who is willing to go that extra for you!

 

I will be sending my TA a very nice gift and thank you card once we are all said and done.

I think  every bride should have that great of an experience when planning thier wedding :-)

You couldn't have said it better! I had a lot of bad experiences as well. Sometimes I felt like I was inconveniencing them!

Funny you mention the gift thing because I was actually laying in bed last night thinking about what I should send my TA as a thank you afterwards. I was thinking a giftcard or something? I don't really know what's appropriate and I searched on the forums for some ideas but couldn't really find any. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just booked the Barcelo Maya Colonial in the Mayan. We are flying with Air Transat and booking a wedding package thru them. Glad everything is comming together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×