Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!!
I ended up purchasing from Etsy.com - a shop called Factory21

Really appreciate your help!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I am curious if any brides have flown with WestJet.  I am starting to get anxious about flying with my dress and my FI's suit...  I should probably just call WJ and find out directly, but I am curious if any brides here have past experiences (good or bad!)

I know there is not a  closet to hang our garment bags, we will have to put them in the overhead bin. :(  Can other brides share their experiences with this?  Were most other passengers ok with moving overhead bags for the dress?

I am worried because we are not flying with any family or friends, it will just be the two of us.  Also, we are not flying direct.  We fly Toronto to Ottawa, and then Ottawa to Cancun.  It's really the Toronto to Ottawa flight that I am concerned about...

Would anyone recommend putting both the dress and suit into the same garment bag?  To maximize our other carry on luggage?

Anyway, I am probably getting nervous for nothing.  If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Less than two months away for me now! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinaQtobe View Post

Hi Everyone,

I am curious if any brides have flown with WestJet.  I am starting to get anxious about flying with my dress and my FI's suit...  I should probably just call WJ and find out directly, but I am curious if any brides here have past experiences (good or bad!)

I know there is not a  closet to hang our garment bags, we will have to put them in the overhead bin. :(  Can other brides share their experiences with this?  Were most other passengers ok with moving overhead bags for the dress?

I am worried because we are not flying with any family or friends, it will just be the two of us.  Also, we are not flying direct.  We fly Toronto to Ottawa, and then Ottawa to Cancun.  It's really the Toronto to Ottawa flight that I am concerned about...

Would anyone recommend putting both the dress and suit into the same garment bag?  To maximize our other carry on luggage?

Anyway, I am probably getting nervous for nothing.  If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

We're also flying with Westjet and have two flights (Edmonton-Calgary, Calgary-Cancun). They do not have a garment closet, I believe that our dresses will need to go in the overhead bins.

I think we're going to do pre-boarding, load up our carry-ons, put the dress on top, and then shut the bin, to indicate it's full. I'm hoping that other passengers will understand it's a wedding dress and they won't smoosh it.   TOTALLY understand the nerves, I am definitely nervous about flying with the dress as well. If you do contact Westjet and they tell you anything differently, please let me know!

So I thought it may be a good idea to start a Canadian Brides "Chat Thread" for all my fellow Canadian Brides out there.  I know most of us communicate via many other threads specifically Canadian OOT info but since that can get Off Topic quickly, I thought it would be great to give us a spot to come and chat, update one another and share our Canadian finds!!!!! I hope we can get this thread going as I know there are quite a few of us that are VERY active on the forums and many of you have been such a great help to me with your tips and tricks that I just hope we can help newbie Canadian brides and one another over the next few months and longer!!!!!! So cheers to all my Canadian brides and I look forward to "chit chatting" with you all soon!!!!!! :cheers:
Thanks for this thread!!! I'm from Halifax, Nova Scotia getting married May 2015 I know it's a bit away but never to late to start!!!! Looking forward to hearing about all your experiences.

Quote:

Hi Everyone,

Ladies, this is not something to stress about. I flew with both of my dresses- yes two wedding dresses in the overhead bin, they were completely fine when we arrived in Cabo. Depending on the material of your dress/suit you can have it steamed once you arrive at the resort or leave it in the bathroom to steam. After your wedding is said and done you'll wonder why you stressed about everything. Take a deep breath- it will all be okay. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNtoBe View Post

Ladies, this is not something to stress about. I flew with both of my dresses- yes two wedding dresses in the overhead bin, they were completely fine when we arrived in Cabo. Depending on the material of your dress/suit you can have it steamed once you arrive at the resort or leave it in the bathroom to steam. After your wedding is said and done you'll wonder why you stressed about everything. Take a deep breath- it will all be okay. 

I am more concerned with other passengers being "annoyed" with us that we have this long garment bag.  I am not overly worried about the dress, just more about others giving us a hard time.  It's just the two of us on both flights.  Also probably something stupid to get stressed about.

Quote:

I am more concerned with other passengers being "annoyed" with us that we have this long garment bag.  I am not overly worried about the dress, just more about others giving us a hard time.  It's just the two of us on both flights.  Also probably something stupid to get stressed about.

Everyone on our fly was more than accomodating, everyone is on vacation! lol. Everyone will just need to suck it up and give you space on your flight to Calgary- your dress worth thousands of dollars is more important than their bag of clothes. 

Everyone on our fly was more than accomodating, everyone is on vacation! lol. Everyone will just need to suck it up and give you space on your flight to Calgary- your dress worth thousands of dollars is more important than their bag of clothes. 
Right they just have to suck it up!!!