MOH had to back out. What should I do??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 emives

• 64 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

My best friend/MOH just found out that she is pregnant and is due two weeks after my wedding. Obviously she won't be able to come to the wedding now, which makes me sad. I know I'm being silly but I'm also a teensy bit jealous but I am happy for her two. So many emotions!

I just don't know what to do. My mom thinks that I absolutely NEED to have a MOH and is pressuring me to ask a cousin of mine but I've said since before I became engaged I didn't want family in my wedding because of the drama it can cause. I don't have sisters, either.

I feel like if I were to 'bump up' a bridesmaid they might feel hurt that I didn't ask them to being with. Ahhhh I don't know what to do! :(

#2 jlarruda

• 201 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

you don't "have" to ask anyone to take her place, do whatever you want to do.  My wedding party is an odd number but thats what I love about it, its the people that we want in our bridal party.

#3 FutureMrsF

• 151 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

I agree that you don't have to ask anyone. It's your wedding and you can do it however you want. My sister is due the same time I wanted to have my wedding but she found out a few weeks before I got engaged. So I'm pushing the wedding out a year so that she can make it.

#4 FutureMrsDawson

• 154 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:13 AM

Emives, it's your wedding, not your mom's.  If you have to have another person as your MOH, don't let your mom pressure you into choosing a person you wouldn't want standing by your side.

#5 WeddingMay

• 208 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

Do your own thing! It's your wedding!

Married! May 13 2012!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users