Photo

Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#201 krsmith

krsmith
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

Coconoir posted THIS on the MP Wedding Coordinator Questions thread about the Lanterns. So now I'm confused!!!

#202 leenancy

leenancy
    • 212 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

Lucy took a few days to answer me because she had to ask someone, so I'm hoping she just asked the wrong person and got an incorrect answer. I'm going to wait it out a few more days and I know she goes on vacation anyway, so I think I'll ask her to double check since I've heard of a few brides getting permission to use them. Worst case scenario, I'll ask again when my official WC gets assigned to me. Let me know what you find out. I hope it works out for us!

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Coconoir posted THIS on the MP Wedding Coordinator Questions thread about the Lanterns. So now I'm confused!!!

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
      2 Guests booked through other services

#203 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

Insiders

• Insiders
      • 185 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

I think these are so beautiful! I do wonder about the "what goes up must come down" part though, especially around Palapas or other highly flammable areas... Has anyone considering them checked with the resorts to be sure they will be allowed? What a magic and gorgeous moment to see them all floating off... hope it does work out!

TA Wendy

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
        AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
        Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#204 erinmc

erinmc
        • 284 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

Does anyone know if Ocean Blue, Punta Cana DR will allow these?

#205 MrsHamblett2012

MrsHamblett2012
          • 118 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:52 AM

I just saw these on the bachelorette too and they are sooo amazing! I would love love love to do this!

#206 Cynlee143

Cynlee143
            • 174 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

If your still looking for someone to split with you, then I will! I'm in the Edmonton area as well :)

#207 780chick

780chick
              • 263 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

If your still looking for someone to split with you, then I will! I'm in the Edmonton area as well :)

There's another thread for Canadian brides looking to split a case of 120. There are three of us that were going to split but one girl isn't sure if her resort will let her. Check it out!

#208 ndvidul

ndvidul
                • 317 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

I also got the same answer from Luci - that Moon Palace in Cancun is too close to the airport.  Good idea to check with the official WC.  Please keep us posted on here!  I was so excited about this idea.  And the other substitute ideas don't seem as exciting. :(

If it totally doesn't work out, we may do them for the AHR...

Originally Posted by leenancy 

Lucy took a few days to answer me because she had to ask someone, so I'm hoping she just asked the wrong person and got an incorrect answer. I'm going to wait it out a few more days and I know she goes on vacation anyway, so I think I'll ask her to double check since I've heard of a few brides getting permission to use them. Worst case scenario, I'll ask again when my official WC gets assigned to me. Let me know what you find out. I hope it works out for us!

#209 kthun

kthun
                  • 74 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

Sarella727-

I'm getting married there too and I'm so bummed to hear this! Dang it...maybe if we stress that they are biodegradable and focus on the "green"  I'm bummed.

Originally Posted by Sarella727 

These Sky Lanterns are the BEST and saw them on Nick Lachey and Vanessa Mannilo's wedding special~~ My resort (NOW Jade) does NOT allow them because of the nature around the resort!! : (

I would suggest you check with your resort before you purchase these....

My 2nd option is sparklers that are about 2 feet long  : )

#210 ladykry

ladykry
                    • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:57 AM

Once the lanterns have flown.. What happens afterwards? What goes up must come down right? Is it safe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users