Photo

When do you send out STDs?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 anna524

anna524
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

We are going to the Blau in Varadero, Cuba. Where are you planning yours?

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

Yeah!! Finally another bride in 2013!!! Where are you planning your wedding?

#22 stefkva

stefkva
    • 188 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

Thanks for the responses!

#23 Gin Bootles

Gin Bootles
      • 260 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

i agree with your mom, i thought of sending mine out later like a year to go, but then that gives them plenty of time to save

All because, two people fell in love!

#24 Danz

Danz
        • 53 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:50 AM

I sent mine out 8 months in advance, but that was right after I decided on my location and date. I would send out ASAP and as soon as you know the major details (location and date) so your guests know about it and have a chance to start saving. On my save the date I put our wedding website and told guests to check it out for more information. Then I would update our website periodically with travel information. Good luck!

#25 Manda123

Manda123
          • 380 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

I did the same thing! I didn't add cost on the STD; all that info is on our website. You can make a website really easily and for FREE. Try weddingwire.com.

Originally Posted by Danz 

I sent mine out 8 months in advance, but that was right after I decided on my location and date. I would send out ASAP and as soon as you know the major details (location and date) so your guests know about it and have a chance to start saving. On my save the date I put our wedding website and told guests to check it out for more information. Then I would update our website periodically with travel information. Good luck!

#26 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
            • 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

I'll send them about a year before so they can save money :)

#27 amanda722

amanda722
              • Banned
              • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

I'm in the same boat as some of you (I think??) Our wedding is a little over a year away and I'm already being told I'm behind of the std stuff. It just seems so far out for everyone to remember.. I was planning on using some save the date magnets as an easy way for everyone to remember, but I'm not exactly sure when to send them.

#28 bride2b2013

bride2b2013
                • 236 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

im doing mine a year in advance as soon as i know my date :)

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

#29 brendee2005

brendee2005
                  • 456 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

im sending mine 9 months in advance

#30 emilyjane

emilyjane
                    • 40 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

I sent out my STDs 10 months in advance, to give people lots of notice.  However, most people decided then and there when they received them as to whether they wanted to come or not.  For example, soon after they received the STD they would either RSVP "no thanks" on our website, or they would email us to let us know they were ready to pay their deposit.  I was surprised that we have very few people "on the fence" about whether they want to come.  

Therefore, other than the good "early booking" rate that we secured by notifying people 10 months in advance, I don't think the results of who would attend and who wouldn't would have changed if we'd sent them out 1.5 years in advance or 6 months in advance! 

We included our website on the STD so that people could get a lot of information right away, rather than making them wait for a formal invitation.  Honestly at this point, I don't know whether formal invites will even be necessary because most people have made up their minds!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users