Photo

When do you send out STDs?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 anna524

anna524
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

How early do you need to send out STDs? I am not getting married for another 2 years, but my mom said that I should send STDs now, but I feel that its too early and people may forget about it or ignore them this early. 

#2 Sharon99

Sharon99
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:17 AM

Congrats! Well its really up to you. Its a matter of preference really. I sent out my STDs as soon as I had my date booked. We are getting married May 3 2012 & I sent out my STDs in April. I wanted to give my guests as much time as possible to save. Dont forget you will be sending out invitations later so I didnt think it mattered that it was over a year away for me.

#3 Cdunn514

Cdunn514
      • 186 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

Congrats! I think that it is up to you I sent mine out 10 months in advance and then I am going to send out the invitations 4 months before as a reminider for everyone to make sure they book it. I would think a little over a year out would be a good amount of time that way it is not too far in advance where they would forget, but then they still have time to plan their vacation around it.

#4 fungirl97

fungirl97
        • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:45 AM

I sent mine out in April and we are getting married in June 2012. I figured that is more than a year which is plenty of time for people to save up money for the trip. I would say 12-18 months. Congrats! 

#5 Samantha88k

Samantha88k
          • 244 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

I sent my STDs out exactly 1 year before out wedding. I wanted to give everyone enough time to save money and watch for tickets.

#6 anna524

anna524
            • 155 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

Thanks :) i think i might send them out next summer then, it gives everyone 18 months then.

#7 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
              • 206 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

I'm hoping to send them out in September which will be a year in advance. 

#8 Samantha88k

Samantha88k
                • 244 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

I should add that I did send out an initial email about 18months in advance informing people that we were planning a destination wedding and that they could pre-book to get the 2010 rates if they wanted to.

Originally Posted by anna524 

Thanks :) i think i might send them out next summer then, it gives everyone 18 months then.

#9 JayKay

JayKay
                  • 3,472 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

We sent out or STD exactly a year in advance. 

#10 Manda123

Manda123
                  • 380 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

We sent ours out 10 months in advance. Our formal invites are going out in a couple of weeks with an October deadline for putting down deposts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users