• Please log in to reply
2806 replies to this topic

#751 TauruSmith

TauruSmith
  • 198 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 18, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

I'm stressed about flowers. I really don't want to spend money for the resort's flowers, but it sounds like a lot of the outside vendors aren't great about communicating. Right now I think I may just buy some real touch stems and put together bouquets myself.

#752 TauruSmith

TauruSmith
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Noxx - sending you a PM about the DJ

#753 Noxx

Noxx
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by TauruSmith 

I'm stressed about flowers. I really don't want to spend money for the resort's flowers, but it sounds like a lot of the outside vendors aren't great about communicating. Right now I think I may just buy some real touch stems and put together bouquets myself.

I finally got a hold of Lucy flowers but its very difficult to communicate with them. I am unable to decipher  her emails. 

I was also thinking of maybe canning the whole idea of flowers and thinking of other centerpieces. Im planning on having the round tables and our head table will be a rectangular one.  I wanted the flowers to minimize stuff i would have to carry down with me but may have to go that route

#754 blay0204

blay0204
    • 19 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Trust

I finally got a hold of Lucy flowers but its very difficult to communicate with them. I am unable to decipher  her emails.  I was also thinking of maybe canning the whole idea of flowers and thinking of other centerpieces. Im planning on having the round tables and our head table will be a rectangular one.  I wanted the flowers to minimize stuff i would have to carry down with me but may have to go that route

trust me... I am not crafty at all and I put together bouquets and they turned out great !! I did 5 and spent $70:) I was scared they would look tacky or "cheap" but they really look great! All my girls loves them also. I am just going to pack them up and brig them with in a suitcase:)

#755 blay0204

blay0204
      • 19 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Thanks ladies. what is the price range for the djs?

It depends on your package... But just remember the resort charges an additional $300 fee for them to be there:/ ughhh

#756 TauruSmith

TauruSmith
        • 198 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by blay0204 

Trust trust me... I am not crafty at all and I put together bouquets and they turned out great !! I did 5 and spent $70:) I was scared they would look tacky or "cheap" but they really look great! All my girls loves them also. I am just going to pack them up and brig them with in a suitcase:)

I would love to see pictures. I'm sure it is doable, so I may just look for some tutorials online.

#757 Noxx

Noxx
        • 97 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Has anyone picked out their menus yet?

I read that one bride subbed her soup for another app.

I think thats a great idea. i am going to ask ramon. 

#758 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
          • 340 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by TauruSmith 

I don't know if you're picky about real or fake flowers. But I found an awesome site that does Real Touch flowers or just simple silk flower bouquets. Honestly, it's not like my maids are going to be holding these things for longer then 20 min and then we're using them as part of our centerpices  so I'm going to use fake. Much cheaper and less stressfull than using an outside vendor. Let me know if you want the website!

#759 TauruSmith

TauruSmith
            • 198 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

I don't know if you're picky about real or fake flowers. But I found an awesome site that does Real Touch flowers or just simple silk flower bouquets. Honestly, it's not like my maids are going to be holding these things for longer then 20 min and then we're using them as part of our centerpices  so I'm going to use fake. Much cheaper and less stressfull than using an outside vendor. Let me know if you want the website!

I would love the website! I decided that I'm going to put them together myself.

#760 KellawayandHank

KellawayandHank
            • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Thats a good idea. when is your wedding?  Is there anything else you have decided to bring down? I bought lanterns to hang and chair sashes. I am debating on centerpieces and favors still 

We are getting married on 4-27-13. I am looking into some decorations, not sure how crazy I am going to get. I plan on using my bouquet and the matron of honor bouquet for the centerpiece in some way, we might break them apart and place single flowers around the tables.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users