Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

• Please log in to reply
2806 replies to this topic

#1081 SamM

SamM
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by cmoreno 

Hello brides! I am in (almost) panic mode... we went from wanting only 40 people  in our guest list, to having 60! My FIL went nuts with the invitations to his friends (without asking us for our permission!, and my fiance and I are the ones paying for our wedding!). Argh! Could any of you share with me the budget sheet for the Divine package? I promise not to tell Ramon or Anel I got it from you! Please please? 

Thanks!

Cecilia

Send me a PM and I will send you mine.

#1082 Noxx

Noxx
    • 97 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mya062813 

Can anyone let me know if they liked their video included in the Divine package?

Also those that have had the divine package which did you choose for the ceremony: saxophonist, violinist or guitar player?  Did you like it?

We are trying to decide between the Eternity & Divine package.

I am still waiting on my video we thought it was good to have especially since a lot of family and friends couldnt make the wedding. We chose the guitar player for our cocktail hour. I did hear it and thought it was good. I did also hear the violinist which was beautiful but too wasnt our style.

#1083 Mya062813

Mya062813
      • 61 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

Congratulations Danda!  Thanks for the wonderful information!

I am curious if you used the live musicians included in the divine package?  I have heard that at the Now Jade they allow you to swap the musician for two hours of DJ.  Were you able to take advantage of this?

I am also wondering if anyone knows if candles are allowed on the tables for the reception?  Are we able to light them?

Thanks ladies!

I was told by Anel that candles are typically provided by the bride & groom.  She reccomends the electric ones since it can get windy.

#1084 Mya062813

Mya062813
        • 61 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by danda 

Hi Ladies!  Just got back from an amazing week at the Now Sapphire. 

The wedding was like in a fairy tale.  Everything went pretty smoothly.  We had 50 people total including 6 children between 2 and 13.

The gazebo in the Divine package DOES include the white linens.  If you want another color, it's an extra cost.

We used DJ Doremixx and sent the deposit via Western Union.  Everything went through and he did a great job. 

We got flowers through Mayan Floral.  Marvin is great w/ communicating.  We got flowers for the gazebo, centerpieces, bridesmaids bouquets and a "kissing ball" for the flower girl.  Arrangements were gorgeous.  He met our friend in the lobby and we kept the flowers in Ramon's office until it was time to set them out for the wedding.  Marvin even came out and arranged the flowers at 4pm and we were not charged the vendor's fee.  We used the resort photographer and videographer.  We're happy with our photos but haven't seen our video yet.  They will be sending it out along with our photo album book. 

I spent hours sifting through all the posts on this website and was so grateful for all the feedback. 

If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask!  I would love to help if I can :)

Congratulations!  Can you post some of your wedding pictures taken at the resort?

#1085 Mya062813

Mya062813
          • 61 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

I am very torn on whether to use the resort photographer or hire an outside one.  There seems to be alot of varying experiences.  Can anyone help?

#1086 zeman321

zeman321
            • 280 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by danda 

Hi Ladies!  Just got back from an amazing week at the Now Sapphire. 

The wedding was like in a fairy tale.  Everything went pretty smoothly.  We had 50 people total including 6 children between 2 and 13.

The gazebo in the Divine package DOES include the white linens.  If you want another color, it's an extra cost.

We used DJ Doremixx and sent the deposit via Western Union.  Everything went through and he did a great job. 

We got flowers through Mayan Floral.  Marvin is great w/ communicating.  We got flowers for the gazebo, centerpieces, bridesmaids bouquets and a "kissing ball" for the flower girl.  Arrangements were gorgeous.  He met our friend in the lobby and we kept the flowers in Ramon's office until it was time to set them out for the wedding.  Marvin even came out and arranged the flowers at 4pm and we were not charged the vendor's fee.  We used the resort photographer and videographer.  We're happy with our photos but haven't seen our video yet.  They will be sending it out along with our photo album book. 

I spent hours sifting through all the posts on this website and was so grateful for all the feedback. 

If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask!  I would love to help if I can :)

Congrats! I'm glad you had a beautiful wedding!

#1087 meganator22

meganator22
              • 79 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
              • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
              • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

We asked if tequila terrace was available for our wedding well over a month ago for our reception..she just got back saying "sorry it's not" ummm maybe if you didn't wait for a month it would be lol her lack of communication is making me so frustrated, it's all good though, any one have any other good places to have a reception there? I guess the beach and beach terrace is available...I am pretty easy going and think I will go with the terrace...any pictures of past brides? Any experience? Thanks! I guess it shouldn't matter at all but it just is frustrating bc at the time I booked all the time slots were available for our date...and that's the time we requested the terrace, so I don't know what happened there. Hahaha okay I am over it.

#1088 Noxx

Noxx
              • 97 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

It was far too windy for lit candles even our menu cards couldnt stay up in the holder

Originally Posted by Mya062813 

I was told by Anel that candles are typically provided by the bride & groom.  She reccomends the electric ones since it can get windy.

#1089 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
                • 450 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Noxx 

It was far too windy for lit candles even our menu cards couldnt stay up in the holder

I just have little tea lights.  They are more for decoration than to be lit.  Add some colour to the table without a lot of $$. :)  Now to figure out if I can get them through customs or not....

#1090 Noxx

Noxx
                • 97 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by meganator22 

We asked if tequila terrace was available for our wedding well over a month ago for our reception..she just got back saying "sorry it's not" ummm maybe if you didn't wait for a month it would be lol her lack of communication is making me so frustrated, it's all good though, any one have any other good places to have a reception there? I guess the beach and beach terrace is available...I am pretty easy going and think I will go with the terrace...any pictures of past brides? Any experience? Thanks! I guess it shouldn't matter at all but it just is frustrating bc at the time I booked all the time slots were available for our date...and that's the time we requested the terrace, so I don't know what happened there. Hahaha okay I am over it.

The beach terrace is nice. Just make sure that your wedding isnt on the same night as their beach party night. Specify that you do not want your wedding the same night that the live band and buffet is on the beach trust me you dont want that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users