Photo

Trash the Dress....yes or no???

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#411 agale86

agale86
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

I would recommend that everyone get trash the dress photos! We paid $600 for a 1 hour session, but it was totally worth it. Our TTD pics turned out to be my favorite pics we got. It was really fun to do too. The experience is worth it! Now we have pictures that are beautiful enough to blow up as pieces of art too!

As for the dress, I got a polyester dress from Davids Bridal in their $99 sale. The only real similarity to my actual dress was the sweetheart neckline. It was perfect though! The polyester didn't absorb water which made it easy to work with. It also worked really well in the water and mad for pretty pics.

If you don't want to spend the extra money on a second dress, everyone says that their dress comes out fine after a good rinse. I was just too nervous to try that....

My two cents though.... Every bride deserves to get a beautiful set of pictures like this! TOTALLY WORTH IT!

_DSC7508.jpg

#412 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
    • Site Supporter
    • 406 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
    • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Congratulations, you look gorgeous!  Love the pictures

17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
    Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI

#413 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
    • 441 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by agale86 

I would recommend that everyone get trash the dress photos! We paid $600 for a 1 hour session, but it was totally worth it. Our TTD pics turned out to be my favorite pics we got. It was really fun to do too. The experience is worth it! Now we have pictures that are beautiful enough to blow up as pieces of art too!

As for the dress, I got a polyester dress from Davids Bridal in their $99 sale. The only real similarity to my actual dress was the sweetheart neckline. It was perfect though! The polyester didn't absorb water which made it easy to work with. It also worked really well in the water and mad for pretty pics.

If you don't want to spend the extra money on a second dress, everyone says that their dress comes out fine after a good rinse. I was just too nervous to try that....

My two cents though.... Every bride deserves to get a beautiful set of pictures like this! TOTALLY WORTH IT!

_DSC7508.jpg

Theuy came out great!!

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#414 Tim Clark

Tim Clark
    • Banned
    • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Don't worry, that is fake fire.

#415 Tim Clark

Tim Clark
      • Banned
      • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Trashing the Dress in Maui, http://www.hawaiiani...om/couples.html

#416 sky186

sky186
        • 155 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

This is a great idea I really wanted to do trash the dress but I'm having a reception when I get back to uK and was worried in case it ruined my dress Didn't even think to get a second dress lol thank you x

#417 Sehausle

Sehausle
          • 156 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yea I think these can go either way...some are a little too creepy/sexual for me but some of the ones in the cenote are awesome!

If it were me i'd buy a second dress because I would never do that after spending thousands of dollars on a dress. Also a note of caution, people have drowned from their dress -so if yours is big and poofy and you're in water be extra careful.

I decided to forgo this but it's just a personal preference.

#418 sky186

sky186
            • 155 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

I haven't found my first dress yet but defo getting a second dress now lol x

#419 sky186

sky186
              • 155 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

iam looking forward to trash the dress ..... but I am cheating i'll be wearing a cheaper dress lol x

#420 mckievme

mckievme
                • 183 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
                • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

These TTD photo's are gorgeous! When else are you going to get to wear a wedding dress and play in the sand?! Definitely a go for me. Hopefully it fits into the budget!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users