chrisdior
    • 286 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

gorgeous!!!! cant wait to do mine =)

#163 Jber713

Jber713
      • 179 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

I am still debating on doing this... I love the pics but I want to be able to spend time with guests, I might wait and do it on our anniversary.

Jen

#164 JaziandSwag

JaziandSwag
        • 152 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

I love the idea!  I say go for it!  My moto as I plan has been YOLO!!!  *You Only Live Once"

#165 dreya101

dreya101
          • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Several of my friends have done this, and I say yes.. but all of them bought a cheap white sun dress for this (most of them were long maxi dresses)

#166 all the love

all the love
            • Site Supporter
            • 133 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Hello ladies, just thought I would add my thoughts here! We did do a trash the dress, and I used my actual, original wedding dress. The worst damage it sustained was a torn hemline (from the weight of all the sand!) but I showered in it, dried it out, and the sand all shook out, and then my wedding coordinator offered to have it sent out for cleaning - they did an incredible job, and it was $40.

Here's a pic of my dress drying out after our session...DSC00157.JPG

#167 lashesforever

lashesforever
              • Site Supporter
              • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

I absolutely LOVE TTD photos!  I can not get enough. :)  I have tossed around the idea of getting a second ( cheaper) dress to do this, but it will all come down to budget in the end.  Here's Hoping~  

#168 SunsetLove

SunsetLove
                • 156 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

I think we are definitely going to do a TTD shoot. I am going back and forth on whether or not I want to buy a separate dress. I just want to make sure I don't ruin my dress because I have to wear it 2 weeks after the wedding at my AHR. So far, it sounds like a trip to the dry cleaners will do the trick!

#169 LPerry

LPerry
                  • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

Ok so I guess I'm the unpopular one here b/c I do not want to do a TTD. No offense to anyone who's done one, but some of them look so cheesy to me. If you're a size 4 and super cute, it looks great, but that is not our circumstance. (I mean, we're cute and all, just not in I'd-like-to-be-photographed-half-naked-under-water-shape) There's no way my fiance and I would even be able to keep a straight face, b/c we know it would look ridiculous. And who would we show the photos to? No one wants to see two chub-a-dubs rolling around in the sand with wet clothes trying to be sexy. I promise you...NO ONE wants to see that.

#170 charcat

charcat
                    • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

@ Jber713 - My ceremony is just before sunset in April, but I really want to do a TTD session and spend as much time as possible with my guests. So my solution is to dress up again the next day and have a photo shoot.

@LPerry - Trash the Dress is a style of wedding photography that contrasts elegant clothing with an environment in which it is out of place. For most on us on here that means a Beach and/or Pool. I plan on using the location and being as creative as I can. The location is part of the reason I am having a destination wedding, and I'm no Size 4 Model type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users