Atlantis wedding 6/18/11 - BEST WEEKEND EVER!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:57 AM

I’m back from our Atlantis wedding and WOW, it was amazing!  If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t change a thing…seriously, I couldn’t have asked for anything better and our guests were blown away.  We kept hearing comments like ”we’re doing this every year right?” or “I want you to plan my daughter’s wedding” and “I can’t believe you did all this.”  Believe me, I had my ups and downs during planning but it was sooo worth it.

I have so many things to tell you, I don’t know where to begin.  I guess the logical place would be the actual wedding and then all the other stuff.

Venues – our ceremony was on the Royal Overlook and the cocktail/reception was in Fathoms.  There was a 40% chance of rain but luckily it was fine.  However it was HOT, I mean really hot!  I had originally worried about crying during the ceremony but the tears weren’t a problem, the sweat was!  I just hope it doesn’t show in the pictures.  Fathoms is awesome and our guests were so impressed – the rustic d©cor and fish tank really made it feel like we were someplace special.

The wedding staff was really nice.  Of course I had been working with our WC for months but the banquet manager only comes in that day.  It all went really smoothly.  A few minor glitches but nothing anyone noticed.  They really keep on top things too and made sure the bride and groom were taken care of.

Matthew Sweeting – everything you hear about him is true – he IS the guy to marry you.  He makes the ceremony personal and really makes you comfortable while standing up there.  As my sister put it, he is so charismatic.  It made the heat bearable.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#2 Sharon99

• 1,301 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

Glad to hear you had your dream wedding!!! Congrats, your pics are great!

#3 acireta

• Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

what a gorgeous cake! Congrats a beautiful wedding!

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#4 JQLong

• 336 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

That cake is FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#5 taryn11-5-11

• 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

I am so happy for you! Everything seemed to go perfect!!! You look great and the cake looks awesome!   :)

I cant wait to see more pics!

Also, message me items and prices, I would be interested in buying some of the bags or atlantis type things for my upcoming wedding !

Thanks!! And congrats again!

#6 krazedtrader

• 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:37 PM

Your wedding sounds so fabulous and your cake is so beautiful!  I think I may have to copy that =D

Can we please PM me and let me know how much a Cabana rental is and how much the table at Aura is?

I am thinking about doing the same. 

#7 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

I'll pm you next week when I'm home. I actually don't know the final aura details since hubby took care of that. Once we get back from honeymoon we'll go over all our final numbers. In the meantime I'm loving Hawaii.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#8 taryn11-5-11

• 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:01 AM

Have a great time in Hawaii!  And when you get back, could you please pm me that info also? The cabana and aura, Thank you!!!

#9 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

Great Review! I had no doubt your wedding would be amazing from following your posts! Thanks for sharing!

#10 MrsWeiss1211

• 127 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

Hi Steph!

So happy that everything worked out fine!

We have so many of the same vendors so i'm glad to hear that they all preformed perfectly.  

Enjoy your honeymoon and when you get back can you also send me the prices for the cabana and aura too?

Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like i've had long enough with you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users