Photo

To registry or not to registry??

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 Peach

Peach
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Do you think people will buy you things anyways? That is my concern, but many of our guests are going to be family.... also, I am thinking more for shower and AHR

Originally Posted by inloveinkorea 

Many of our guests are in their mid 20's, a few still live with their parents (!), and our family is certainly not made of doctors and lawyers. :) 

I am definitely not planning on having a registry of any kind. I think I am going to put something in the invites about their presence being the best thing they can give us.. On top of the fact that I don't want a gift registry for a destination wedding, we are currently living abroad and have no use for any time of physical gifts. 

#62 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
    • 159 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yup I figure if they're gonna buy me stuff anyhow, it might as well be stuff I need or want. For that reason, I'll have a small registry. 

Originally Posted by Peach 

Do you think people will buy you things anyways? That is my concern, but many of our guests are going to be family.... also, I am thinking more for shower and AHR

#63 mizpriya

mizpriya
      • 268 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

I just signed up on ourwishingwell.com. We don't want any gifts either since we just bought a house and are planning to hold a house warming/engagement party. So I think most people will be getting us items for the house. I'd rather not have a registry but again, like most people have said on here, there are people who want to do it. It's certainly not an obligation, but we should still give people the option....so we would prefer cash if they will. I'd rather have the presence at our wedding- no presents :)

#64 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
        • 312 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

We are having the same problem, but some people say we should have a small one while other say it is rude so I am really torn on what to do. I don't want the guests that come with us to feel obligated if we have their presence means more to us then any present could. What should we do?

#65 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

Maybe do a small one and do not advertise.... if people buy stuff off of it, fine, if not, fine.

The people who want to get you something can find out where you are registered; the people who say it is rude need not be bothered.

Originally Posted by ANGELA2013 

We are having the same problem, but some people say we should have a small one while other say it is rude so I am really torn on what to do. I don't want the guests that come with us to feel obligated if we have their presence means more to us then any present could. What should we do?

#66 noreenp79

noreenp79
            • Site Supporter
            • 34 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

We're not doing a registry, but people keep asking me where we are registered!!!!  I like the idea of doing a small one and not advertising it!!!

#67 Danielleski

Danielleski
              • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Wee feel it's enough to ask people to come on vacation with us. But maybe if you have people that aren't going, and you have a little celebration here at home also. 

#68 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
                • 312 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for the advice, I like the idea of having it without advertising it. Like i said them celebrating with us is more then enough. We are having a AHR later which is going to be about 50 people that can't come to Mexico.

#69 AllieH

AllieH
                  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                  • 2,014 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

This is exactly our sentiment. For those who can't join us in Mexico, they will have the registry available. We decided we'd register with Macy's (for those who prefer to buy off the traditional registry) and amazon.com (for those who go for convenience). 

Originally Posted by ANGELA2013 

Thanks for the advice, I like the idea of having it without advertising it. Like i said them celebrating with us is more then enough. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#70 kellykanester

kellykanester
                  • 236 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

This is such a great idea, we have everything we need already and would love to have a honeymoon maybe a year later.

Originally Posted by mizpriya 

I just signed up on ourwishingwell.com. We don't want any gifts either since we just bought a house and are planning to hold a house warming/engagement party. So I think most people will be getting us items for the house. I'd rather not have a registry but again, like most people have said on here, there are people who want to do it. It's certainly not an obligation, but we should still give people the option....so we would prefer cash if they will. I'd rather have the presence at our wedding- no presents :)

Happily married and now Mrs. West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users