Photo

Need Help with DIY Monograms???

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
  • 995 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:23 AM

if there are any brides out there that need help with DIY Monograms or Logos, let me know.  thanks to all of the info on this site, i've created some pretty monograms and logos.  i'm available to put together free (simple) monograms if help is needed.  just let me know.  in the meantime, here's a sampling of the ones i've created for my own (lilac and silver themed) wedding.  R~

Logo Crosstitch.jpgLogo V.jpgLogo II.jpgLogo IV.jpg

#2 JQLong

JQLong
    • 336 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

You did an amazing job!  Wow!  I have had issues creating ours (and you would think because both our names begin with "J" it would be easy!!).  What program are you using?  I may seriously need your help! 

JQ

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#3 AishaB

AishaB
      • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Your monograms are really pretty. Such a good job you did.  Nice way to give back to the forum!

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#4 Sharon99

Sharon99
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

These are great!

#5 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
          • 995 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

JQLong...i'm using powerpoint...there are lots of great ideas online....and you can do lots w/fonts...if you want some help..just let me know. take your time though...i did quite a few and made the mistake of showing my fiance one of the firsts before i'd made more and so now he's not willing to look at any others...so i'm actually using one of the very first ones i designed...go figure.  :-)  good luck and happy planning!!!  R~

#6 JQLong

JQLong
            • 336 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

LOL!  That is why I love this site.  We would drive our fiances crazy showing them every detail.  This site really is keeping me from making him nuts!

I'm going to give it a try.....Our wedding colors are turquoise & yellow so hopefully I can make something nice.  Thanks again!

JQ

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#7 lovepea

lovepea
              • 155 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

You've got talent!!

Did you design your avatar/icon next to your username? I love it!  Did you find the clip art to use, such as the seahorse or flowers? 

#8 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                • 995 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

yes, lovepea...i designed that one too..i've been a DIYing fool lately...  its not hard at all...did all of them in powerpoint and found some clip art here and some online... 

i'm sure i'll do more...i know there are lots of folks selling monograms on etsy and such but i just couldn't see myself paying for it so i put my thinking cap on and with the help of advice found on this website i got to DIYing...and these are just a few of the ones i've done....its really simple to do.  good luck and happy planning!!!  R~

#9 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                  • 995 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

oh..with those colors there's LOADS you can do...if you need any help..just holler...  i've amassed quite a collection of 'em.  :-)  DON'T TELL THE FIANCE..he'd kill me if he thought he had to look at one more monogram/logo!  lol!!!  happy planning!!!  R~

#10 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

You truly are talented! I have been trying for the life of me to make one to put on our OOT bags, all we want is a simple palm tree with the words Jamaica 2012, but I just cant seem to make one that looks decent, most look like a 5 year old did it! haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users