Chocolate Brides: To Jump the Broom or Not???

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 kks2012

• Site Supporter
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hmm good question lol. I think it is about 3/3.5 feet and I was planning to put it in a plastic bag and put it in my dress bag. If not it will definitely fit in my big luggage that I was going to pack for the honeymoon. Posted Image

#42 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
    • 217 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

I really like this. I wasn't going to jump the broom but you have really inspired me. And the link to Etsy was great. I just custom ordered my ring bearers pillow, guest book and pen. I will add the broom as well.

#43 JetsettinBride

• 299 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

where is the link to Etsy for the brooms?

#44 BebeEvens

• 52 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

Hi  brides, i will be jumping the broom on july 31,2012. I made my own :)

So excited

Attached Files

117 guest confirmed!!!!

#45 winniethepiglet

• 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

We jumped the broom at our wedding and I'm so glad we did. A family friend who could not make the wedding made our broom as a gift. It was absolutely beautiful. In our family, an elder sweeps all of the negative energy away prior to the couple jumping the broom.  Our pictures turned out so well, we choose our broom jumping pic to be the cover of our album.

#46 kks2012

• Site Supporter
            • 241 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

We jumped the broom and it was great! I ended up putting it in my dress bag and carried it on the plane with me. It just needed some fluffing when we arrived and it turned out great. Glad we were able to incorporate this tradition in our wedding.

#47 bride6

• 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

I jumped the broom 25 days ago!! I drove myself crazy searching for an affordable broom. I ended up purchasing a broom on Amazon for less than $20. The same broom is at JoAnn's if you have one near by. To personalize the broom I had my guest write their wedding wishes on strips of ribbon that I then tied to the handle of the broom. It was a hit! 

#48 becassidy

• 151 posts
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Ive never heard of this but Im totally looking it up!

#49 projecttwayne2015

• 102 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:Guanacaste, Costa Rica
                  • LocationThunder Bay, ON

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

Jumping the broom is one of the oldest traditions, my grandparents and parents did it. My fiance and I are doing it as well. Its kinda hard to bring a broom though. Someone mentioned Pier 1...going to see if they carry something like that still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users