Wedding website?

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#21 steph2011

steph2011
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Coconoir,

I took a look at your website and you did an amazing job!  I really like the tab for helping people with speaking Spanish.  I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" that idea for my site!  Best of luck in your planning!

#22 J-me

J-me
    • 398 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

I'm still building ours, but we went with mywedding.com - picked it because it had the design I liked best and (so far) it's been easy to navigate for this tech-challenged girl :)

#23 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

Steph2011

Thanks so much for the compliments. Borrow away as I did from various brides while incorporating our own style. 

Happy Planning

Originally Posted by steph2011 

Coconoir,

I took a look at your website and you did an amazing job!  I really like the tab for helping people with speaking Spanish.  I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" that idea for my site!  Best of luck in your planning!

#24 meeshie77

meeshie77
        • 208 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:54 AM

We are using my mywedding.com.... feel free to creep our website for inspiration....

http://www.mywedding...ding/index.html

Originally Posted by cole379 

Hello fellow brides!

I wanted to make a wedding website so that it is easy for family and friends to get all of the information that they need. I was thinking of wedding wire or the knot. Are either of these good ones for creating a wedding website. I want to personalize it but also be easy to set up.

Thanks!

#25 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
          • 328 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:20 AM

I used Project Weddings because it was an easy set up and you can keep adding pages. I wish it allowed for music (and they say it does), but I was never able to add any. It's just as well, since I don't want my guests getting in trouble at work, lol. I like that it allows you to set a password and allow others to upload photos to a slideshow (great for the non-pro pics of the wedding to be shared).

You can check mine out for further inspirati: kosha.projectwedding.com, password: mexigo. All the best!!

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
            Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#26 Avelyad

Avelyad
            • 156 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:25 AM

We are using wedding wire - but I'm not the one in charge of it, so to be honest I couldn't compare it to others! However, I have not heard a lot of cursing coming from the office when he's setting it up, so it can't be too bad!

#27 BlueMoonGirl

BlueMoonGirl
              • 64 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

We're using mywedding.com because it's free and it had one theme design that we really liked. I wished there was a way to archive the website though...in case the site crashes or something. For now, we've created a MS Word document with all the website narrative contents.

#28 mnicole20

mnicole20
                • 29 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

We used weddingwindow.com.  I love our site and get SO many compliments on it.  We also purchased our domain, so you can use your name and his name wedding.com or org.  Its also nice because you can see who has been looking at your website, you can have your guests enter their addresses, then you can download them to excel spreadsheet and create a mail merge to print your labels.  It costed about $69 for 12 months, but I think there is a special right now for $10 off.  Check out our website if you'd like-  www.mikeandmandywedding.org or visit www.weddingwindow.com to see all the options you have to choose from and neat things you can do with your website!   

Azul Beach, Riviera Maya, October 22, 2011!

Our website: http://www.mikeandmandywedding.org

#29 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                  • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:57 AM

I'm like mnicole20 and we used weddingwindow.com.  We used the one for $119 dollars so that we could have this site for an extended period of time (we will share our wedding & ttd pictures on the website).  Plus it just does so much that we wanted.  You can check out our site at www.thefuturewrights.com password: NXNW309

#30 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                    • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:08 AM

AfricanVenus,

I love love love your website! Thanks for sharing

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfricanVenus 

I used Project Weddings because it was an easy set up and you can keep adding pages. I wish it allowed for music (and they say it does), but I was never able to add any. It's just as well, since I don't want my guests getting in trouble at work, lol. I like that it allows you to set a password and allow others to upload photos to a slideshow (great for the non-pro pics of the wedding to be shared).

You can check mine out for further inspirati: kosha.projectwedding.com, password: mexigo. All the best!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users