Photo

SMALL weddings - are you including your parents in your processional and recessional?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hey everyone

I was just adjusting my list that describes the order in which people are walking down the aisle and walking out after the ceremony.  The ceremony is on the beach.  I have 4 bridesmaids and 1 groomsman.  I was originally going to have our parents walk down the aisle first. Now I realized since i have so little guests that with the wedding party + parents, in the audience there will only be six people!  Once the parents walk and sit down, it will increase to 10.  The rest of us are standing up (7 including FI and myself).

So anyway, I am just wondering for people with really tiny weddings if you had both sets of parents walk down the aisle, or just had them sit in the audience from the beginning?

thanks!

#2 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
    • 305 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

bump? no one?

#3 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
      • 212 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

I think they just sit and be guests... you have a pretty small group.

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#4 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
        • 610 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:01 AM

I say... don't worry about the number of people!  It's your special day and I'm sure your parents would love it if they were to walk down the aisle!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#5 eholt

eholt
          • 528 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:06 AM

I hadn't given it much thought but I think I will ask both sets of parents tonight and see what they perfer.  I am leaning towards having them sit on their own.

May 19, 2011
            Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
            Montego Bay, Jamaica
            http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#6 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
            • 305 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

anyone else, thoughts?

#7 rosieposie

rosieposie
              • 649 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

we have 19 including us, 8 of which are in the wedding party making 10 up front and 9 guests sitting. i thought it might be odd too (more people standing in front than guests sitting) but thought it would be weirder to select a few to sit down "to fill things up" lol.

it's your day. do what makes you happy, you'll be too busy looking at each other, your guests will be looking at the two of you. everyone will be so wrapped up in the moment it won't matter.   =)

#8 june11bride

june11bride
                • 304 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

i would say do what is important to you. if its important for you to have the parents walk down the isle, do it. they will be sitting shortl after anyway. if not, then have them in the audience. its your day!

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#9 JayKay

JayKay
                  • 3,472 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

Both of my parents will be walking me down the aisle and I think FI parents will walk down the aisle before everyone else. We only have a MOH and BM so we will have some people filling up the seats, but I think most importantly its what you want to do.  I think either way is fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users