Photo

Has anyone purchased their dress and hated it when it came in?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

I'm sorry that you don't love your dress, but if it puts you at ease, know that you're not the only one that this has happened to. There are plenty of 2 dress brides that have come & gone around BDW, so don't feel bad or crazy about not loving the dress. If you don't love it & it can't be returned, you could always look for the dress that you do love & then sell the other one. It could very well be someone else's dream dress.

#12 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
    • 192 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

Thanks girls! I've decided I'm going to go look at other dresses.

#13 mandys

mandys
      • 181 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

This is a scary story :( And I am sure it happens to so many people. If you are not happy, then it doesnt matter what people tell you. Do what makes you happy, and if that means getting a new dress then you have to do what you have to do.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
        April 2012

#14 Mel2010

Mel2010
        • 219 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

Have you tried adding accesories to it? Like adding a belt around the waist that has some bling? Or a flower or broch? There are so many options out there that you could actually change the total look of the dress. I think this dress looks good on you and compliments your waist line. If you tried on your shoes, veil and added some bling you might feel gorgeous in it again. If you've tried this and still feel the same way, then I would say buy another dress and maybe keep this dress as your trash-the-dress or sell it as mentioned above.

#15 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
          • 169 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

I'm not entirely happy with mine either. I've had a nagging feeling every time I went in for a fitting. I just picked it up from the bridal salon today. And I tried it on and I probably shouldn't have because now I don't want it.

Unfortunately, we leave for Cuba in two days and either returning it or finding another and selling this one is just not realistic. I'm stuck with it.

I don't hate it, it's still pretty, but I don't feel as gorgeous as I expected to feel.

Iberostar Varadero
            25 March 2011
            Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#16 sascolo

sascolo
            • 184 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:57 AM

I'm not entirely happy with mine either. I've had a nagging feeling every time I went in for a fitting. I just picked it up from the bridal salon today. And I tried it on and I probably shouldn't have because now I don't want it.

Unfortunately, we leave for Cuba in two days and either returning it or finding another and selling this one is just not realistic. I'm stuck with it.

I don't hate it, it's still pretty, but I don't feel as gorgeous as I expected to feel.

Oh no! Hopefully hair and makeup will make it all better! You will be beautiful.

#17 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
              • 192 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by sascolo 

Quote:
                Originally Posted by HazelsMelody 

Oh no! Hopefully hair and makeup will make it all better! You will be beautiful.

Oh no x 2!  I was afraid this is exactly what would happen to me and I didn't want to wait until it was too late to order another dress.  I luckily didn't pay that much for the first dress and I'm really happy I've decided to look for another dress I love.

#18 Mel2010

Mel2010
                • 219 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

Good for you! I guess sometimes we just know when a dress is right for us -- or not right for us, lol!

Originally Posted by snowbeltchick 

Oh no x 2!  I was afraid this is exactly what would happen to me and I didn't want to wait until it was too late to order another dress.  I luckily didn't pay that much for the first dress and I'm really happy I've decided to look for another dress I love.

#19 Avens

Avens
                  • 576 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

I'm in the same boat.  Mine came in yesterday, and it just does seem flattering to me. Also there is something weird going on with the chest cup area.  I'm *hoping* that it could be fixed by  tailor, I'm kind of tempted to put it up for sale and see if I can sell it though.  I still have lots of time (which is why I ordered it so early), I'm just not feeling it.  =(

I don't have any pics, I'll try to take some this weekend. 

#20 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                    • 995 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

wow...i'm a 2 dress bride..not because i didn't like my first dress rather i just didn't think it was THE dress that went with my destination..so i went and purchased another dress for the wedding.  my first dress is lovely but it wasn't a real 'showstopper'...i'll end up wearing it at the reception and for our "stateside/courthouse" ceremony.  good luck with your dress shopping...and happy planning!!!  R~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users