Photo

Any other 2013 Brides??

• Please log in to reply
590 replies to this topic

#391 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

No photographer at the moment. I am still getting over my disappointment of not being able to book Elizabeth Medina. I knew she would be pricey, but she was grossly outside of our budget. I have found three alternates and will review their portfolios with my Fi this weekend. We are hoping to put in our deposit by the end of next week.

Hmmm… I don’t know if it should be open to all BDW May 2013 Brides or specifically Cancun/Riviera Maya Brides??? I think it would be most beneficial to keep it open and people can make closer connections as they see fit.  I think that the thread should go either here: Best Destination Wedding â€º Destination Weddings Forum â€º BDW General â€º General Wedding Planning Information

Or here: Best Destination Wedding â€º Destination Weddings Forum â€º Destination Weddings in Mexico â€º Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

#392 Sarah Spain

Sarah Spain
    • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

I am a new 2013 bride here.  Recently engaged and planning for April 2013.  We are thinking of inviting a few people, but it may end up with just the 2 of us. We are thinking Jamaica or Mexico.  I have my 1st meeting with a TA tomorrow through Skype and I'm hoping that she has some good recommendations to fit what we are looking for as there are way too many resorts for me to pick.  I had looked into a vacation in Cancun before and really liked Dreams so that is definitely one resort I would like to check out.  Super excited to be planning...even if it is just for a small party. I have always wanted a destination wedding but for a few weeks after we were engaged I had looked into venues here locally but after looking at all there is to do I just felt so overwhelmed and knew that I needed to go back to our 1st choice of a destination wedding.  I am honestly not sure that we will have anyone to want to spend the  money to go but not to sound mean I'd rather it be the 2 of us away than 100 people here.  So much to figure out and also what are important questions that I need to ask my TA when I talk to her?  Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you all over the next year!

#393 bride81

bride81
      • 216 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

have you finished your STD's?  And, are you doing symbolic or legal?

#394 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
        • 955 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

Hey there,

We opted to send formal invites only. For us personally, sending save the dates was an unjustifiable expense for our guest list of +/- 25.  We speak to those that we're inviting on a regular basis and they all are well aware that we’re getting married in May 2013.  We are sending the invites out in June or July and will also put together a wedding website, which should be more than sufficient.  But my invite design is about 98% complete. I did a test print last weekend, and made a couple of changes and I’m contemplating changing one of the fonts. Aside from this, all my materials are on hand or have been ordered and I’ll probably start putting them together in a couple of weeks.  But I really need to put some thought into the wedding website as this needs to be done before sending my invites. 

And we’re having a symbolic ceremony in Mexico and all legal formalities will be done in the States when we return.

#395 bride81

bride81
          • 216 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

I sent you a PM with my wedding website, hope that helps you!  Thanks for your response.  I am having a hard time 

with doing the legal stuff before or after the trip to Mexico.  

#396 danak71

danak71
            • Site Supporter
            • 264 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Wow! I'm considering El Dorado Royale! Have you already had your wedding there? If so, congratulations! Did you stay there to honeymoon or go somewhere else? We're expecting 40-60 guests with us...did you have a lot of guests at your wedding?

Please share the pros and cons of having your wedding there!

Lynn

#397 soonCB

soonCB
              • 264 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

I am a new 2013 bride here.  Recently engaged and planning for April 2013.  We are thinking of inviting a few people, but it may end up with just the 2 of us. We are thinking Jamaica or Mexico.  I have my 1st meeting with a TA tomorrow through Skype and I'm hoping that she has some good recommendations to fit what we are looking for as there are way too many resorts for me to pick.  I had looked into a vacation in Cancun before and really liked Dreams so that is definitely one resort I would like to check out.  Super excited to be planning...even if it is just for a small party. I have always wanted a destination wedding but for a few weeks after we were engaged I had looked into venues here locally but after looking at all there is to do I just felt so overwhelmed and knew that I needed to go back to our 1st choice of a destination wedding.  I am honestly not sure that we will have anyone to want to spend the  money to go but not to sound mean I'd rather it be the 2 of us away than 100 people here.  So much to figure out and also what are important questions that I need to ask my TA when I talk to her?  Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you all over the next year!

#398 Shelgal

Shelgal
                • Site Supporter
                • 24 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

My kids are 3 and 11 mo. She is super excited to be getting married. We are not doing STD's, just telling people we want to go. In June we are having a AHR for about 400 people. Gotta love small towns. How long before wedding do you send out invites. I was think when we get home. Might put wedding photo on invites.

#399 bride81

bride81
                  • 216 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

My STD's rough drafts are almost done!!!  It feels so much more real as these days are flying by!

#400 bride81

bride81
                    • 216 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Also, ladies that are getting married in May 2013 I have started a new thread so we can help each other!!

http://www.bestdesti...may-2013-brides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users