Jump to content
Misti

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by ericka417 View Post

 

Hey ladies.  For those who have gotten married at ROR.  Which photographers did you use?  Where they great?  Would you recommend someone else?

 

Hi Ericka! I haven't gotten married there yet, but I got a great suggestion for a photographer that my friend who got married in Jamaica last year gave me. His name is Brian Nejedly. He's on facebook and posts all kinds of new awesome pictures all the time. He lives in Jamaica, but came from Georgia I think. Here's his website:  www.briandesign.com

 

I already have him booked for next March!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's actually who I'm using as well..... he's so good to work with... and that's BEFORE the session :)

 

Originally Posted by kimberyly View Post




Hi Ericka! I haven't gotten married there yet, but I got a great suggestion for a photographer that my friend who got married in Jamaica last year gave me. His name is Brian Nejedly. He's on facebook and posts all kinds of new awesome pictures all the time. He lives in Jamaica, but came from Georgia I think. Here's his website:  www.briandesign.com

 

I already have him booked for next March!
 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thats so exciting! I guess I'll see you there. We are also arriving on April 14th but we are getting married on the 16th as I had mentioned. We are going with the free package. Our quote was 1380 for a week saturday to saturday we are going thursday - following saturday and its 1550 pp for us.

 

I was wondering if anyone knew about the flowers. I have pictures of the free bouquets and everything but my soon to be mother in law does not even approve with the upgrades ( as she owns a flower shop and does this for a living) does anyone know if we can just buy flowers (not in bouquet form) and she can do my flowers for me?

 

Another question is does anyone know if after the wedding I can take the temporary certificate to the courthouse or wherever myself and get things done faster? I am Canadian and marrying an American and we need the OFFICIAL marriage certificate ASAP and I heard that this can take a while? Any help would be great thanks!!!

 

 

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!! I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO GO WITH ROR!!!!

 

departure date: April 14th, 2012

Wedding Date: April 19th, 2012 @ 3pm

 

I am super excited!!! it has taken so much stress off my shoulders to finally have picked a place and time! Now i can start the fun stuff!!

woot.gif



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dean Clarke photography!!!

 

He lives in Kingston but travels all over Jamaica, for no cost. Only cost you will incur is the resort fee for bringing him on. Best part is, my price still was cheaper than the resorts photography packages.

 

I got married at ROR on April 30th 2011 and am so grateful I found him amongst all the other photographers (especially the dreadul Michael on the resort). He is VERY responsive to email and phone!

 

Here's his info:

Website: www.deanclarkeweddings.com |Email: info@deanclarkeweddings.com |Tele: (876) 381-5932

 

I would attach photos but I dont have enough replies to do so. If you'd like photos you can message me and I'll get them to you. Otherwise he has put many of my phtoos on his website.

 

I received many many many compliments on his work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI!!

 

how are you able to get married on the 16th when you are arriving on the 14th?? i was told it had to be 2 business days??? i had originally wanted the 16th to get it done at the beginning of the week so i dont have to worry about sunburns and tan lines!
 

Originally Posted by Val2012 View Post


Thats so exciting! I guess I'll see you there. We are also arriving on April 14th but we are getting married on the 16th as I had mentioned. We are going with the free package. Our quote was 1380 for a week saturday to saturday we are going thursday - following saturday and its 1550 pp for us.

 

I was wondering if anyone knew about the flowers. I have pictures of the free bouquets and everything but my soon to be mother in law does not even approve with the upgrades ( as she owns a flower shop and does this for a living) does anyone know if we can just buy flowers (not in bouquet form) and she can do my flowers for me?

 

Another question is does anyone know if after the wedding I can take the temporary certificate to the courthouse or wherever myself and get things done faster? I am Canadian and marrying an American and we need the OFFICIAL marriage certificate ASAP and I heard that this can take a while? Any help would be great thanks!!!

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Correction, We are arriving the 12th, my guests are arriving the 14th... I messed that up!!! SORRY my bad :S

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

HI!!

 

how are you able to get married on the 16th when you are arriving on the 14th?? i was told it had to be 2 business days??? i had originally wanted the 16th to get it done at the beginning of the week so i dont have to worry about sunburns and tan lines!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK that makes sense! lol

 

i think we need to keep each other posted on quotes we get so we can make sure we arent getting dinged for things others arent!

Originally Posted by Val2012 View Post



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@val2012 ..regarding the official marriage certificate....we paid an extra $100 to the WC (keisha) and they expedited the marriage certif. so we received it in about 2.5 weeks. I had read online how people were having so many problems getting the official certificate even after several months so I wanted to make sure we got it fast. Just ask Keisha if this interests you and you just pay her the $100 when you pay for everything else. 

we did our flowers through tai flora. I would just email them to see if you can get the flowers and have someone else put them together. My bouquet was beautiful though and I had just emailed them a picture of what I wanted.

we used stacey clarke photography! LOVED her..highly recommend. any other questions dont hesitate to ask. We just got back a few weeks ago LOVED the ROR and everything went very smooth for ourselves, our 60 guests and the wedding!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow thanks for all of that info... after reading how people didnt get their certificate until months later it really worried me!!!!

 

and Krysta Lee Ann I would love to compare quotes as they send them so we don't pay more than we have to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×