• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#31 Sharon99

Sharon99
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

Congrats on finding your dress!!! 

I have been searching for mine...

We are putting our deposit down on a photographer this weekend. I just ordered from vista print maraca tags & luggage tags. My 1st attempt with the luggage tags were awful. Will probably order the maracas next week.I figured I should start doing a few things now so I don't have to do everything the month before lol! The hardest issue I find is not knowing the head count yet. I have no idea how many things I need especially for the oot bags!

How is your planning going? Do you have a pic of your dress?(not sure if it was in the dress thread)

Today is exactly 11 months for me! Time is really flying by!

Congratulations MissHoneyBee!!!

On another note, I just ordered my dress and and I'm getting sooo excited being less than a year out!!! How is everyone else's planning going?

#32 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
    • 614 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

ya, I'm with you sharon. we're about 11 months out here, too, and it seems like just yesterday I sent out the 'one year countdown' message to all our invitees. I hope the upcoming months go as fast as it one. : ) also, I like knowing that I've explored all the options, so then it's just decision time when it gets closer to the date and we have a verified head count. I think it's the options part that takes the longest. compared to that, calling someone and giving them your credit card info will be a snap! ; )

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Congrats on finding your dress!!! 

I have been searching for mine...

We are putting our deposit down on a photographer this weekend. I just ordered from vista print maraca tags & luggage tags. My 1st attempt with the luggage tags were awful. Will probably order the maracas next week.I figured I should start doing a few things now so I don't have to do everything the month before lol! The hardest issue I find is not knowing the head count yet. I have no idea how many things I need especially for the oot bags!

How is your planning going? Do you have a pic of your dress?(not sure if it was in the dress thread)

Today is exactly 11 months for me! Time is really flying by!

#33 Sharon99

Sharon99
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

I hear you on that. I have a boat load of links, pics, etc saved that I want to get for when I have somewhat of a head count! Will have to cut some stuff out before then but the ideas you get from here is a bit overwhelming. I see one thing & think I am doing that then you see someone else do something else & I want to do that now...its crazy!!!

Good luck with your planning!!

#34 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
        • 614 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

for me, it all pretty much comes down to the number of people attending. there is just NO reason to spend that kind of money on my family - not that I don't love them, just it's a LOT. : ) I'd rather do it up if there will be a bunch of people attending, but if not, no biggie. after all, I'm not choosing to get married at the beach because I wanted some elaborate 250-person ceremony. ; )

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

I hear you on that. I have a boat load of links, pics, etc saved that I want to get for when I have somewhat of a head count! Will have to cut some stuff out before then but the ideas you get from here is a bit overwhelming. I see one thing & think I am doing that then you see someone else do something else & I want to do that now...its crazy!!!

Good luck with your planning!!

#35 Samantha88k

Samantha88k
          • 244 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

For some reason it isn't allowing me to post the picture of my dress but it is an allure gown, style 8634. I am having the ivory sash swapped out for a chocolate brown one!!! Planning is going well, I sent out our STDs exactly a year out and now I'm working on creating the STDs for our AHR. I've also done some shopping for favors, etc but I'm trying not to over-do it knowing that I will have to haul everything down!!

#36 MelnCamp

MelnCamp
            • Site Supporter
            • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

I am so grateful for this site! I am newly engaged and hoping for a May 2012 wedding, but I still have so much research to do. I think we've narrowed it down to Turks & Caicos, Playa Del Carmen and St. Croix, but how does one pick?? Is there a forum for 80-100 guests? Also, any parts of BDW that I should visit?

Thanks for starting this thread!

Melanie

#37 Sharon99

Sharon99
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

Congrats & Welcome!! I have heard that Dreams holds up to 100 guests. But I went with Mexico because it was some what cheaper for my guests & also I have been to the resort I chose twice so I knew I wanted to get married there. I am sure there are tons of resorts that can accommodate for 100 guests for your party. I would just use the search bar. There are TONS of threads! Good luck to you & happy planning!

#38 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
                • 210 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

How's planning going for everyone? Does anyone else have a box of stuff sitting in the corner, with stuff they are "working" on for the wedding? I have a box of mock centerpieces, bottles, sand, seashells, starfish etc.  Sometimes I look at it and it makes my head spin.

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#39 Sharon99

Sharon99
                  • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

Lol my pile is slowing starting to grow. It was on my kitchen table but now I have moved it into our spare bedroom since I added a box of luggage & maraca tags(and I didnt want to keep looking at it all!) I keep looking at my invites that I still need to put together in the envelopes & stamp them all! I plan on going to Target tonight to see if I can get some crap for my oot bags. Add them to the pile! 

#40 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
                    • 210 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

Yes the box started in my room now the box(es) are in the spare bedroom in the basement. Between Ebay, Etsy and Vistaprint, I have never used my paypal account more but I must admit it has been fun.

45 booked including Bride & Groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users