black wedding ring?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jerseylili

• 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

So I adore my ring, my hunny had it made and its everything and more I've ever wanted. Now choosing the wedding band is going to be tough and will probably have to be custom made as well. He wants me to have what I want but unfortunately I don't feel the same about his choice. He likes a black band for himself. It's not dark gray it's like an onyx black. I think it looks cool, but I just feel like it sends off the wrong message. Should I just agree and let him get whatever her wants? He thinks it's his style and is not a jewelry person in general. 

#2 merrylee

• 687 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:42 AM

I guess the bottom line is why you think it gives off the wrong impression.  If you prefer white gold and your hunny got you yellow gold would he have picked out something that you would love or something he'd prefer?  

Maybe there is a compromise in there with the black onyx in the middle instead of the whole band, but unless there is some truly negative reason not to have the black band, I don't see why he shouldn't have what he wants it's his wedding too, right?  

#3 deannamarie85

• 447 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

I think it's best for him to choose something he likes so that every time he looks at his finger he feels proud. it is important that the ring fits his personality. My fiance decided on a silver band with black diamonds, so that's an option.

#4 lesee

• 320 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

I think it would awesome!

I have a black diamond in my ering and one will be hidden in my wedding band, my FI's band has black diamonds in it as well

I think it's just a matter of taste

#5 ohaske

• 163 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

my guy is getting a black band as well. his mother is against it but i want him to be happy with his choice. so i support him 100%

#6 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:26 PM

My FI is leaning towards a black ring.  At first I didn't like the idea but then I thought about it and realized I wouldn't be happy wearing something I didn't like, so I've told him that he can get whatever he wants, because he is the one that has to wear it.

#7 sascolo

• 184 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

Check out Fable Designs- tungsten ceramic. My fiancĀ© got a black and silver ring. It's awesome. The black is shiny so it almost looks like a dark silver in certain light. It matches his watch perfectly too.

#8 aaronlori

• 159 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

My brother in law has a black wedding band. It is awesome! Looks great and totally suits his personality and style.

#9 Pucca

• 485 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

I think you should let him get what he wants. I let my fiance pick what he wanted because I wanted him to actually wear a ring after we were married, and since he hates jewelry, I knew he'd only wear it if he picked it out. I've bought him a ring before and he has only worn it once..... Now he can't wait to wear his. Besides, without him there would be no wedding, so I figured he ought to be able to pick something out of the whole affair that he wants. 

#10 PeterPevensie

• 24 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

The best thing about placing a black diamond in a vintage design is that the final look of the wedding ring will be incredibly modern, fresh, surprising, dainty, classy, and still purchased from a modern jewelry store provide with a very distinguished modern look without over crossing the line in old or new looks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users