Sign in to follow this  
Jenn3878

Is it bad if your fiance sees your dress?

I'm not sure if its bad, but I want my FI to see it for the first time when I come down the aisle.

I can't remember if thats one of those "bad luck" things.

I just want to see the look on his face the first time he sees me in the gown. The reaction won't be the same if he sees you in the gown before the wedding.

Just my opinion!

Thanks girls....what if he sees a picture? He keeps asking.....we arent getting married till 2009 so I have time.....maybe I should show him a picture of a really awful dress and let him think that's what I am wearing so he will be surprised when he sees me!

I would show him a picture of another dress, if he will not leave you alone, but I would not show him your real dress, that ruins the surprise.

I'm definitely not letting my FI see my dress beforehand. I want it to be a surprise. I'm pretty sure it is one of those "bad luck" things (not that I would worry about that though).

I have this fear that my FI won't like my dress and he will be disappointed with how I look on my wedding day!!

I was thinking that when I begin to try them on...I will take pictures of course and show them to him and then see which ones he likes on me and then pick from those (providing I like it) and then just not show him which one I decided on.

This way I will know he likes it and yet it will still be a bit of a surprisehuh.gif

i don't think it's bad, it's really just a personal preference. unless you're supersticious i guess - then it's bad luck i think. paul was so cute - he refused to look at my dress, he'd even cover his ears when i'd describe it to other people.