Photo

Having trouble picking resorts for wedding

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:10 AM

I am planning on getting married in Novemeber 2011 have narrowed it down to Gran Bahia principe jamaica and a few other resorts that i like but price is an issue for some of my guests any help? would be great thanks

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#2 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
    • 192 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

I think picking the resort was the hardest and most stressful part of the planning so far.

#3 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
      • 284 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

Take your time picking your resort because it really is the biggest decision.  If you can find a resort in your price range that has good wedding services it will save you a ton of stress.  Some resorts just seem to be better dealing with weddings than others, making it feel personal, special and unique, while others are like wedding factories and pump out multiple weddings daily. 

What is it you like about the Gran Bahia principe?  Maybe if you list your needs/wants we can help and be your sounding board!

#4 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
        • 610 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

Price was a major element in my decision.  Look into Grand Palladium Jamaica and compare it to Gran Bahia, just remember this is YOUR day.  Even though you want everyone to come and be able to keep the cost down for them, YOU have to be happy on where you have it.  Good luck!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#5 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
          • 447 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

Such great advice ladies! A big factor when I was considering was that I didn't want to be one of six brides that day! So I avoided all the big resorts and searched all the smaller options and they all ended up being more affordable as well!

#6 starrysim

starrysim
            • 349 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 

Such great advice ladies! A big factor when I was considering was that I didn't want to be one of six brides that day! So I avoided all the big resorts and searched all the smaller options and they all ended up being more affordable as well!

If that's a consideration, take a look at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach or Suites.  They're fairly large, but only do one wedding a day.

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#7 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

For us picking the resort was definetly the hardest decision we had to make.  We first made a list of about 5 resorts we were considering and noted things about each resort, such as wedding packages (some offer free ones), distance to airport, size of resort, average price and many other things.  We then used that list to decide upon a resort.  Good luck making your decision!

#8 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
              • 447 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

I think it's normal for all of us to second-guess which resort, wedding package, heck...even which country we picked! It is such an important day to all of us!

#9 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
                • 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:37 AM

Thank Yo so much Ladies for ally our help. I researched more on thei resort from tripadvisor to the forums especially Kerrij who had nice pictures of everything. I picked the Gran Bahia because of price, location and their packages were great. Thanks for your help

Getting married November 25th-2011

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#10 JayKay

JayKay
                  • 3,472 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

Congrats on deciding! see you on the Gran bahia Principe Jamaica Forum:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users